~ FIFTEEN

Running down the path with their weapons raised and determination on their faces, the Glader began to face the Griever ahead of them.

Teresa and Chuck stayed behind, trying their best to keep the tech component safe from damage. If it broke, it had the chance of keeping them imprisoned with the Grievers. And that was something they didn't have the time to risk.

The boys (and Lela, of course) met the Griever in the middle of the path they were on. As it turned out, it wasn't a path at all; it was some sort of bridge. The sides weren't there, and anyone who fell off would be sent to a fifty foot drop to their death.

Lela made a mental note to stay somewhat in the middle, as she didn't fancy dying any time soon.

They all charged at the Griever with spears held strongly, getting a good first blow into its core. Unfortunately, this ollt caused the Griever to screech and trash its mechanical legs around, hitting some of the boys to the floor.

"Get up, look out!" Thomas called to the fallen few.

Lela and Newt fought side by side, hitting the Griever wherever they could to kill it.

The Griever lunged forwards and roared at the teens, it's eyes focused on their leader.

"Push it!" Lela shouted, trying to defend them as best they could.

She managed to get a decent hit on its flesh-like face, which angered it, as its tail flung a boy off the edge of the bridge, his scream heard for a few seconds before fading.

Lela's mouth stayed open as she watched one of her friends die fighting for freedom.

The griever came straight at her, and Newt tackled her to the floor before it could reach her.

"Stay focused, Lela!" He reminded sternly.

She snapped out of whatever it was and furrowed her brows, "Sorry." She nodded swiftly before jumping back in the action.

As the tail made its way back round, it knocked the machine out of Chuck's hand and over to the other side of the bridge.

"The key!" The boy shouted, running towards it.

Lela noticed the speed he was running at and realised he wouldn't be able to stop in time.

"Chuck!" She warned, "Watch the edge!"

As if she could tell the future, he slid on his knees, grabbed the metal key, but ended up holding onto the edge for dear life as his body dangled over the bottomless pit beneath him.

He shouted out for help, gaining the Grievers' attention. It turned toward him before charging.

"Oh, no." He sighed, admitting his fate.

Lela dropped her sword, risking it all for the young boy, before sprinting towards him, kneeling beside him, "I've got you!"

"Pull me up!" He said as she held both his hands and pulled him onto the bridge.

Lela could hear the boys' cheers as they successfully pushed the Griever of the edge, it crashing to the ground below. But their triumph was cut short, as Grievers came up either side of the bridge, closing in on Lela and Chuck as they ran toward the group.

"Thomas! Thomas!" Chuck shouted.

But lela yelled another name, "Newt!"

And at the sound of her desperate cry, he stopped everything and pivoted swiftly to see the sight. Her. Being chased down by two of the evil creatures.

"Lela!" He shouted back.

"We got more coming!" She told him

"Really?" He asked, "Couldn't tell!"