Prologue

As I was walking to work, I checked the date March 6th 2022, it wasn't a cold morning, but it definetly wasn't a warm one either. I wrapped my jacket a little tighter around my body as I approached the building. Psychiatric hospitals always gave me the chills, yet I decided to become a psychiatrist, ironic isn't it? I walked to the door and greeted the receptionist, showing her my card she granted me access and I took the elevator. I pressed on the number three and started preparing myself mentally for the day ahead of me. Every year, I am assigned 3 to 5 patients. I went to the left B wing directly and regretted it. I saw three guards, five police officers and James in the middle of it. I almost ran the rest of the hall to go see what was up.

"Doctor...?" One of the officers asked me politely.
"Annie Davis. What's going on here?" I asked, not wanting to waste anymore time as I took a glance at the horrible state of James.
"Gregory Lane was murdered last night." one of the guards said. I gasped and a million thoughts rushed in my head.
"Doctor Davis, we would like to interrogate mister James here. He is suspected of manslaughter." One policeman said. Stating the obvious. I looked at James and he looked down at the ground.
"Could this day start any better?" I said sarcastically and they all looked at me.
"What? Let me get a cup of coffee and I'll be right with you gentlemen. Please take him into the B-3F7, there's a table and you will be able to keep him cuffed there." I said before going to get my coffee.
"This isn't going to end well" I muttered to myself.