math - 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭

y/ns pov

i'm a new student at a new school. it's so stressful transferring schools, i was quite happy in my old school with my friends in LA. but of course nothing ever goes my way in life and my mom wanted to move to boston. great!

so i'm currently walking to my second period of my first day and i check my schedual.

math. the worst subject ever.

i've always hated math, it's never been something that i'm good at.

i finally reach the classroom door and walk in, only to be met with a class of 30 people staring at me.

"who are you?" my teacher asks, not looking too happy to see me.

"i'm y/n, i'm new" i say awkwardly.

"just sit at the back next to matthew. quick" she hurries me, as i walk over and sit next to the boy at the back.

"hi" i say as he looks at me.

"hi. i'm matt, your y/n?" he smiles

"yep that's me." i reply. "i hate math."

"oh me too. i have no idea what's going on 90% of the time" we laugh.

we sit in silence for most of the lesson, there's not much to speak about really, with the teacher rambling on about something we both don't understand.

"hey could you help me on the 4th question? i've tried everything but i can't get it right" the boy asks rubbing the back of his neck.

"yeah sure" i have a look at his paper "oh all you need to do is take that number away from the other one, that's pretty much it" i smile.

"oh okay thanks!" he smiles back.

he had such a pretty smile.

"hey do you-"

"okay class is over, i'll see you all after the weekend. make sure that homework gets done!" my friend gets cut off by the teacher.

"sorry, did you want to say something?" i ask politely.

"erm yeah. you seem pretty cool and i was wondering if we could hang out?" he asks.

"yes of course!" i grin as we exchange numbers "i'll text you"

"perfect. bye y/n i'll see you on monday"

"bye matt" i wave as i leave my class.

math. the best subject ever.

beas notes—
don't really like this one but oh well i needed to post something 😪 ily all and i'll see you in the next one ! xx