Chapter 7

We have to report what happened to Brimstone and Sage, but I have a feeling that they already know about the attack and the rescue of Raze and Killjoy.

Sure enough, when we enter Brimstone's office and tell him what happened, he merely nods and dismisses us with a wave of his hand.

"We're aware of the situation," he says, his voice cold and distant. "But there's nothing we can do about it right now. We have to focus on our current missions at hand."

I can't believe what I'm hearing. "But sir, Raze and Killjoy are enemy agents!" I protest. "We can't just let them go!"

Brimstone sighs and rubs his temples. "I understand your concern, Zehra," he says. "But we have to follow protocol and stay safe. Trust me, they have their reasons for doing things the way they do."

Sova and I exchange a frustrated look, but we know that there's nothing more we can do. We nod reluctantly and turn to leave.

As we make our way to the main hall entrance, I can't help but feel a sense of anger and frustration bubble up inside me. I know that we have to follow orders, but it's hard to accept that we're just letting Raze and Killjoy go.

As Sova and I make our way back to our quarters, I can feel the tension between us growing. We're both frustrated and upset about what happened, and we're struggling to come to terms with the fact that Raze and Killjoy have been rescued and allowed to escape.

Finally, as we reach our quarters, I turn to Sova and take a deep breath. "I think it's best if we spend some time apart," I say, my voice shaking with emotion. "I need some time to process everything that's happened and figure out how I feel about it."

Sova nods, his expression grim. "I understand," he says. "I'll see you in the morning."

I nod and thank him for the date and watch as Sova turns and heads into his own quarters, closing the door behind him.

Alone in my own quarters, I can't help but feel a sense of loneliness and sadness wash over me. I know that I need some time to myself, but I can't help but feel like I'm losing something important by being apart from Sova.

But I know that I have to focus, and I make my way to the previous prison cell where Raze and Killjoy were held. As I stand in the empty room, I can't help but feel a sense of sadness and anger wash over me.

But as I'm about to turn and leave the cell, something catches my eye. There's a marking on the wall, a strange symbol that I don't recognize. It's an intricate pattern, etched into the stone with a level of precision and detail that I've never seen before.

I can't help but feel a sense of curiosity wash over me. I've never seen this symbol before, and I have no idea what it means. But something about it feels familiar, like I've seen it somewhere before.

As I stand in the empty prison cell, staring at the strange symbol etched into the wall, I can't help but feel a sense of curiosity wash over me. I've never seen this symbol before, and I have no idea what it means. But something about it feels familiar, like I've seen it somewhere before.

Without thinking, I reach out and touch the symbol, my fingers tracing the intricate patterns etched into the stone. And then, all of a sudden, I feel a strange sensation wash over me. It's like I'm falling, tumbling through a swirling vortex of light and color.

As I fall, I see flashes of images and scenes passing before my eyes. I see dancing figures of light, swirling and twirling in the darkness. And then, all of a sudden, the figures start to take shape and form faces of two agents I don't recognize.