CH24 THE PHONE ROMANCE(18+)

Start from the beginning

“I love you, too, sweetheart. I can’t wait to see you.”

She closed her eyes trying hard not to forget the last image—the smiling face of the man she loved with all her heart.

* * * * *

Two days later, Abhimanyu was not back, and she couldn’t get hold of him all day. He had mentioned that he was going to meet his dad for a meeting when she had talked to him the previous morning. She knocked at Vansh’s door and stood waiting for him to open it.

“Where is he?” she asked as soon as Vansh opened the door.

“Abhimanyu?” he asked as she stormed into his room and started pacing.

“Yes. I last spoke to him yesterday morning, and from that point, no calls or messages.”

“Relax. He told me he had a very important meeting yesterday.”

Vansh pulled out his phone and dialled his number.

“His phone is switched off. He is probably traveling.”

“To where?”

Vansh looked at her for a long moment.

“Why are you looking so worried?”

“I am freaking out, Vansh. I have a bad feeling about him not calling. I hope everything is okay.”

“Okay, let me call his dad.”

Akshara was pacing in Vansh’s room listening to the conversation between Vansh and Abhimanyu’s dad, both of them exchanged pleasantries and went on to talk about the tour and politics.

She signalled him to ask about Abhimanyu. Vansh smiled in response to his question and said, “Yes, I figured he was in all-day meetings. We couldn’t get hold of him, so I called. I will talk to him when he gets here.”

Vansh ended the call and looked at Akshara. “He is on his way here and should arrive in an hour. Can you stop freaking out?”

“What was I supposed to do? He calls or texts almost every hour even when he is in meetings. What was I supposed to think when he is missing in action for an entire day?” she snapped.

Vansh smiled. “Look at you all growly. You’ve fallen really hard for him, buddy.”

She blushed a smile making its way on to her face. “I do. I love him.”

“Did you guys talk about marriage?”

“No. Not yet. I haven’t told my family about Abhimanyu. I will tell them after I return from the tour.”

“I want to see your dad’s expression when you tell him about Abhimanyu.” Vansh laughed.

Akshara smiled, shaking her head. “I know. This is destiny. My dad’s favourite guy as his daughter’s… whatever.”

“Husband. Say it.”

She rolled her eyes, blushing. “We have only known each other a few months, and I’m ready, but I don’t know if your friend is.”

“He loves you like crazy. I’ve never seen him like this in all these years.” Vansh laughed.

“I love him, too.”

“I am so happy for you both.”

She smiled. “I am, too, for you and Arya.”

“I have some news.” He smiled sheepishly.

“What?” Her eyes widened in surprise.

“A baby, we are expecting a baby.”

She hugged him, laughing. “I am going to be an aunt. Oh my God, thank you.”

“Yes, but we haven’t shared it with anyone yet. You are the first to know.”

She clapped with excitement. “Can I tell Abhimanyu?”

“No. I will tell him.” Vansh glared.

“Okay, I will wait for you to tell him.” She hugged her best friend.

“I am freaking out,” her friend confessed.

“Why?”

“I don’t know how my mother is going to take this. It might be too much for my traditional family.”

“She will be thrilled. Trust me. If she recovered from just hearing you and Abhimanyu sing, can you imagine what a grandbaby would do to her spirits?”

“True. I am going to tell them after I return from the tour.” Vansh nodded.

She placed her hands on his shoulder. “You and I should tell our parents at the same time.”

He laughed. “Yes, I want to know which one of our parents will be more shocked. Your dad or my dad.”

She raised her hand.

 “Definitely mine. Daddy, this is the rule breaker, the man I love.”

Vansh laughed, and she hugged him one last time before heading back to her room. She wanted to shower and dress up nicely for Abhimanyu.

She knew the past few days had been stressful, and she looked forward to spending a quiet evening with him.

She couldn’t wait to melt into his arms as her body melded to his between the sheets all night long.

Love
Janus