CH14 HE WAS HERS...SHE WAS HIS

Two weeks later…

“No. No. No. This cannot be happening.” Akshara’s head started to spin.

“Ma’am, relax. This looks good, and this is how it is supposed to be.”

The costume designer adjusted the material that draped like a train from the waistband of her fitted pants she had on. The blouse that was paired with it was a lot more cropped than she had remembered from trying it on at the hotel.

“I wore this for the rehearsal as well, and it did not show this much skin.”

“Ma’am, you wore the blouse with one of your leggings which were

high-waisted, that’s probably why.”

“I can’t wear this. Can you fix it?” She looked at the skin that was exposed at her midriff.

“Ma’am, trust me. This looks good. Suits your figure very well.”

The woman smiled, but her words didn’t comfort her.

“Can I wear something inside and wear the blouse on top?”

“Ma’am, you will get hot and sweaty when you dance.”

“Oh, no.”

“What’s the delay, Abhimanyu and Vansh Sir are ready to go,” the event organizer called out from the door of Akshara’s dressing room.

“I can’t wear this outfit on the stage?”

The event coordinator swept her eyes over Akshara. “Why is that?”

Before she could respond, she saw Abhimanyu walk up to the entrance of the dressing room but did not step in or look inside. “What’s going on?”

“Abhimanyu, I have a wardrobe malfunction,” Akshara let out a sob.

“What’s wrong with the outfit? Do we have a backup?” he called out from the entrance.

The event coordinator scurried away to where he stood and spoke in a hushed voice. After a few moments, the event coordinator waved to the costume designer gesturing her to meet her at the door.

“Are you going to get me another outfit?” Akshara asked.

“I… I don’t know, ma’am.”

Akshara watched as the two women disappeared from the doorway, closing the door behind them, leaving her alone in the dressing room. She looked at herself in the mirror and saw how the teal of the dress made her skin glow, but she was not willing to wear a midriff-bearing outfit in front of thousands of people.

The dance moves they selected for her for the night were ballroom dance moves which meant she would have to lift her arm, baring more skin. She looked at the door when she heard it open and was surprised to see Abhimanyu step into the room.