Adrienne and Paul dropped their hoses to pull out the second person, a woman named Ellen, who was the bus driver. Adrienne heard someone calling out for her.

"Chadwick!?" Adrienne shouts. Soon enough, a familiar face pushed past the crowd. Chadwick runs up to Adrienne and pulls her into a hug.

"I couldn't reach you all day," Chadwick says.

"It was because of the power surge," Adrienne examined Chadwick for any bruises. Thankfully he wasn't harmed.

"Once all of this is over, wanna have dinner at your place? We can get whatever you want," Chadwick asked. Owen shouts for Adrienne to hurry up since it was time for them to head back to the station.

"I'll text you," Adrienne replied.

The team returned to the station to find TK sitting on one of the benches. As soon as she hopped out of the truck, Adrienne rushed up to where she had Estelle staying in the sleeping quarters.

Buttercup was looking at Estelle through the mesh film on the wall of her crib. Adrienne walked back out with Estelle in her arms to find the team gathering around TK.

"Uh, I wanted to talk to you about something, and, um, if you could bear with me 'cause it's kind of a lot," TK sighed, "I'm addict—"

"TK," Owen interrupted his son, giving him the "are you sure?" look. TK turned to his father.

"Dad, I need to do this. Please?" TK replied, turning back to the group.

"It's opioids, and a few months back, in New York, I had a relapse— pretty bad one," TK explained, "I OD'd my dad— well, my captain- found me unconscious."

"My heart had stopped, and, well, he did what he does best, and he saved my life, and the only reason I came down here was 'cause dad forced me to," He continued.

"You know? What I'm trying to say is... I never really chose this for myself. Any of it. Not even becoming a firefighter. And, uh... well," TK says. He was trying his best to cry.

Adrienne placed a reassuring hand on TK shoulder. Paul pats him on the back to try to make him feel a little better.

"Hey, hey. Whatever you gotta say right here, say it," Judd says.

"He's right, man. We got you, fam," Paul added.

"Yeah, well, that's the point 'cause today at that intersection when that woman was dying," TK explains, "I would have given her everything I had to save her, and I did give her everything I had, but it wasn't enough."

"Until you showed up. All you guys, " TK smiled.

"And I knew in that instant that not only was she gonna be okay, but I was gonna be okay too, because this is what I wanna do for the rest of my life. And, at least for now, this is where I wanna do it—," TK says.

"With you guys, so... I choose this family... Because this is...this is where I belong.
So, um... no, that's... that's all I got," He continued.

"Hey, well, group hug," Mateo smiled. TK tried to protest the hug, but the others piled in anyways. Adrienne was the last to join in because she didn't want to squish Estelle.