He looks at me like I'm the cutest thing he's ever seen. "Are you tired, baby?" He asks, though I'm pretty sure he already knows the answer. I nod anyway. I feel him smile as he sets his chin atop my head. "Alright. Let's get you home then, yeah?"

     I nod, yawning, before sitting back in my seat and pulling the belt over me. He smiles at me before driving out of the car park and onto the street.

"How are you feeling?" He asks softly.

I put a thumb up, resting my head on the back of the chair. This makes his lips tilt up again as he pulls into the driveway.

     "Come on, sweetheart." He says, opening his door and climbing out of the car. I exhale a long breath before pulling myself up into a sitting position and unfastening my seatbelt. Before I can get out, my dad opens my door for me and puts his hands under my arms, lifting me up. I giggle tiredly as he adjusts me on his hip, using his free hand to grab my dance bag. He looks at me and smiles warmly. "We can't have my little princess walking while she's tired, can we?"

     I laugh again, leaning my head on his shoulder. He plants a kiss in my hair and opens the front door, throwing the keys into the little bowl at the side before going to walk up the stairs. I shake my head, and he looks down at me. I point to the living room. I don't want to go to my room yet—I'll probably fall asleep, and I still need to change and shower.

     He changes directions to the living room, where Elijah is sitting. He smiles when he sees me, and my dad sets me down next to him.

     "Hi, Lia." He says, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. He kisses my cheek. "Did you have fun at your dance class?"

     "Mhmmm." I mumble.

     He pauses. I pause.

     That's the most noise I've made in two years.

     I keep my eyes closed, ready for him to strike me across the cheek or spit in my face, but he doesn't. Instead, much to my surprise, he lifts me up onto his lap and rests my head on his shoulder, setting his hand on the back of it as he rocks me slightly.

     "I love you so much, angel." He whispers into my hair.

     I hug his waist a little tighter.

     I didn't say a word, but I haven't produced that much sound—apart from crying—in a long, long time. And.. nothing happened. I didn't get hurt. Didn't get insulted.

     My lips tilt up as I lean into my big brothers embrace.

"Here's some food, Amalia."

     I look up at the sound of Xander's voice, pulling it out of Elijah's shoulder. The same smile I've had on for ten minutes is still there when I take it from him and roll off Elijah's lap.

     I stay tucked into his side as my oldest brother takes a seat on the armchair and pulls his phone out. Elijah wraps his arm around me again, rubbing small circles on my upper-arm with the pad of his thumb.

     I eat only a little bit of the food that is on the plate, too tired to chew or swallow. I try to stuff a bit more in, though, because Xander already hates me, so I don't want to be rude by not eating all his food.

     When I can stomach no more, I set it to the side and lean my head on Elijah's shoulder, closing my eyes for a moment.

     When I reopen them, Mason and Grayson are in the room. The latter smiles at me. I smile back as they both take up seats, Grayson bedside me and Mason on the other couch.

Cole walks in, eyebrows furrowed. "Is there a family meeting I didn't know about?"

"Yeah, dad wants to tell you he's sending you to live in a hostel." Xander murmurs without looking up from his phone.

"Funny." Cole responds, dropping onto the couch beside Mason.

     A few minutes later dad comes in. He looks around with a confused expression. "You guys okay?"

     "Yeah." I whisper.

     It takes everyone a second to realise I spoke. Heck, it takes me a second to realise I spoke. All at once, like deer in the headlights, my father and brothers snap their heads toward me.

     I make a small, nervous sound as my cheeks heat from all the attention. But, as though nothing happened, my fathers lips tilt up and he says: "good." Before leaving the room.

     I lean further into Elijah, who holds onto me a little tighter. I don't look up at him. I don't look up at anyone as I pull my phone out of my pocket and go on Candy Crush.

     Once the full realisation that I spoke! sets in, I'm wondering why I haven't been hurt yet. Xander is only a few feet away, why hasn't he taken his chance? Why hasn't he humiliated me in front of all our siblings? Why do they keep looking at me? Are they deciding the best way to hurt me? Is that why my dad left so swiftly? Is he retrieving a belt?

     I stand up and leave the room quickly, before I can be harmed.

     I should've kept my stupid mouth closed.