Ch 18)

"Cancer. Can we talk?" Taurus asked the confused redhead. They had just arrived home from school and Cancer was about to go inside following the other signs.

"Ah, sure. Right now?" Cancer asked.

"Not here, somewhere more private.." Taurus muttered. He wandered off to the back of the mansion, where the garden was located. Cancer obediently followed, wondering what matter Taurus wanted to discuss.

Once Taurus reached a quiet, secluded spot, he came to a sudden halt.

Oof! Cancer accidentally bumped into Taurus due to his sudden stop. "Alright, I think no will bother us here..so what's the issue?" Cancer asked.

"I- just wanted to apologise." Taurus breathed out. "I think I indirectly hurt your feelings earlier during school."

Cancer stayed silent. Oh that whole fiasco.. I can't believe I ran out crying! What if he saw me? Gosh that's embarrassing! Cancer shook her head, an attempt to shake off her thoughts. I was going to prepare myself for rejection anyways, I guess my job was made easier...

"I just don't want things to be awkward between us." Taurus explained further, he hadn't seemed to notice Cancer was lost in her thoughts. He then tugged on her hands, holding them up. "You were my first friend and I wouldn't want to lose you." He looked straight into her eyes, pleadingly.

That was the moment when all of the fireworks in Cancer's heart went off. She could feel the heat rising up to her face. "I-I..." The poor girl could barely form a sentence due to how overwhelmed her heart was.

"Cancer? Are you alright?" Taurus worriedly asked, he was now noticing the overly red hue all over Cancer's face. It had never crossed his mind that he was the cause of Cancer's fatal reaction.

"Y-yes! I'm fine!" Cancer finally stuttered out. My heart is beating so fast...! I feel like it's going to explode! "You would never loose me as a friend Taurus, I can assure you on that.." Cancer began to say.

"That's good to hear." Taurus slightly smiled. "I was beginning to think, you didn't want to be around me.." He added.

"Hm? And why's that?" Cancer questioned, pretending to oblivious. Of course, she herself knew why Taurus might've felt this way. After she had ran out crying, every chance she got, she would avoid Taurus.

"Well, in class you kept making excuses to avoid talking to me." Taurus said. "And, Leo told me you were crying..and before that I had talked to you so I just thought that..." Taurus began to mumble. "..It was because of me."

"Oh no..no! Taurus it's not your fault." Cancer explained, to her distressed friend. She squeezed Taurus' hands as he hadn't withdrawn them from hers. "I don't know what came over me then. I guess I was being dramatic ha..." Cancer tried to lighten the mood. Her heart that was previously setting off fireworks, now ached. Who knew that Taurus' indirect rejection would take such a toll on her.

"But you were crying..? I think we should discuss this. Especially if it is a matter concerning your feelings." Taurus solemnly declared. "Be honest with me Cancer, I know you're lying.."

Cancer's mouth half opened, like she was about to say something but no sound came out. Instead a single tear fell down her cheek, she had reached her breaking point. She could no longer hide her true feelings. "I'm sorry, I just need a minute," Cancer whimpered. She clutched the ends of her skirt on her knees, her grip tightening every time a tear fell.

Taurus immediately reached out to hold her hand, ensuring that she had some form of comfort. I guess I really hurt her...

"Oh Taurus..I'm sorry." she sobbed. "I don't know why I'm like this.." She wiped away her tears with her free hand.

Taurus swiftly wrapped his arms around the disheartened girl. "You don't have to tell me now. I just wanted to let you know, I will always be here for you." He gently rested his chin on her head.

Cancer's poor attempt to hold back her tears failed. Tears just kept flowing from her now puffy eyes. It was a truly heartbreaking sight for Taurus, to see his closest friend hurt by something he did. He needed to make it up to her.

•••••••••••••

"Thanks Taurus...I really needed this." Cancer spoke up, she looked up from Taurus' chest with tear stained cheeks. Her nose painted red from all the sniffling. "I'm so sorry about your shirt." She lightly chuckled.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. Now, are you feeling better?" Taurus questioned, softly stroking the smaller girls head.

Cancer weakly smiled. Perhaps it was better for them to stay just friends. She wouldn't want to ruin their friendship over some small feelings, it would be best to suppress them. But what if there was a slim chance that the two would end up together? It was up to Cancer whether or not she took this risk. "Taurus..I-."

"OH MY GOD! HII TAURUS AND CANCER!" A voiced boomed from above, jolting the two signs apart. To no one's surprise, it was Gemini, she had just happened to be at the balcony enjoying the view and spotted the two signs in the garden below.

"You have got to be kidding me." Taurus groaned.  Cancer just quietly giggled at her friend's wild act.

"HELLO DOWN THERE! You two lovebirds!"Gemini cooed as she waved vigorously. "WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?" Gemini's voice was loud and clear, the whole neighbourhood could practically hear her.

"I'm sorry Cancer, I thought no one could see us." Taurus sighed. What was Cancer about to say? It was too bad that Gemini had killed the mood.

"It's alright Taurus, we should probably get going anyways." Cancer remarked. "It's getting a bit late." She started heading towards the gate.

"Cancer." Taurus tugged on her arm.

"Hm?" Cancer turned around, now met with the solemn expression Taurus always wore on his face.

"If something's bothering you, don't be afraid to tell me." Taurus stated, and with that he pat Cancer on the head as he walked past her.

Cancer still stunned, had to process what just happened. Did that really just happen? She was beginning to freak out.

"DID YOU GUYS KISS?" Gemini shouted from above. "TAURUS GIVE CANCER A CHANCE SHES REALLY CUTE!"

Cancer turned red from embarrassment as she quickly followed behind Taurus. "I-I don't know what she's blabbering about!" She stammered.

Taurus raised an eyebrow at the now nervous Cancer. Although he didn't question her behaviour, he knew how Gemini could be. "I'll keep it in mind." He teased.

Cancer lightly pushed Taurus' shoulder. "Not funny Taurus!"

•••••••••••••

Why is Gemini always at the scene of the crime? Sorry for the long awaited update! But I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

- Pastella