"He has always been soft and unable to make the hard decisions that must be made," Danzo commented idly. "The fact that the child is related to our previous Hokage doesn't really mean much... in any case, allow me to handle this," Danzo finished calmly, his attention no longer at war colleagues, but at Naruto.

Koharu and Homura didn't say anything to Danzo; they just stepped out of the office. Once the two were out of sight, Danzo spoke once more. "What do you want, Jinchuriki?"

He hadn't actually expected the blond to come before him. If he said he wasn't surprised, it would be a white lie. If Mikoto had appeared, then he would have understood since he had approached her son, but this brat? No: it was not expected. He understood that the blond wasn't an idiot and was actually very smart for his age.

Naruto didn't give a physical reaction at being called Jinchuriki. He was a Jinchuriki, so it didn't really matter much to him, but still the fact that it was being said by this conniving bug kind of rubbed off him the wrong way. Even so, Naruto didn't comment on that.

"I'm told that you called Sasuke into your cave and tried to bribe him with power," Naruto stated calmly.

"And what if I did?"

"Don't do it again."

Danzo rarely looked amused, but this time he was amused. What did this child think he was before him? If Danzo really wanted to, he could take him by force and teach him some manners without the Sandaime Knowing and even after that, he would wipe off those memories just in case he tries to talk. Danzo has been living for far too many years and this was the first time a mere boy had shown him this much disrespect.

"For someone who was associated with Itachi, I thought you would be smarter than this," Danzo said calmly.

"Smarter than what..?" Naruto asked calmly. "Perhaps you have been snaking through the sand too much that you're now hearing things because of the sand in your ears. You're saying this because you think I am making a threat, correct?" Naruto shook his head. "You don't need to answer that. You're making that statement because you presume I am threatening you to stay away from Sasuke."

Danzo blinked. He had honestly not expected that kind of response from the blond. He looked curious for a few more moments before asking calmly. "Why should I stay away from the Uchiha?"

"Because I am making a humble request that you do," Naruto said calmly. "I do believe that Itachi has also warned you against doing anything to his brother. I have been given the assignment to look after him, and I will do that job even if it means I have to stand in the way of crafty old snakes that try to trick little kids with power."

A black robed man flashed beside Naruto and spoke to Danzo, "Danzo-sama, should I take out to the field?"

Danzo shook his head. "I'm sure he came here knowing things," he said with a slight frown.

The blond was not stupid after all. This was still the Hokage tower, he didn't know if Anbu had seen him enter the office or not. It was still something else that the blond could have the audacity to speak to him in such a bold manner. If Sarutobi hadn't refused his request, Konoha would really be having a powerful weapon now.

If the blond was this smart even without him, what more could he have been with him. The possibilities were just mouth-watering and merely reinforced Danzo's desire to get hold of the Jinchuriki and enslave him.

"I ask again, will you stay away from Sasuke?"

"No," Danzo said.

It was a foolish question to ask. The Uchiha was need by him, but as it stood now, the blond appeared to be the most attracting quality. He was glad that Naruto had come here. His eyes were opened and he would make some decisive plans to get what he wants. He could not allow something so precious to have its own will. It needed to be controlled by him.