As they approached, Jaemin immediately caught sight of the two girls, Meilin's cheeks burning as she looked to her right, avoiding his smug grin.

He smiled when he saw Haneul.

"My favorite gi— friend!" He had caught his words before giving her a 'we're just friends hug' The hug he gave her since they'd met.

He was definitely a good boyfriend.

Haneul pushed Meilin towards him, "Have fun sucking each other's faces." She gave them a thumbs up before she bumped once again, into another person.

Wait...

It was him.

"Haechan!" She slightly exclaimed, making jazz hands to not seem awkward. He raised his eyes at her in suspicion, "You, do I know you?"

"Do I know you." She replied, wanting to know the answer.

He looked shocked for a second, "You're serious. You don't remember me, 2nd grade, all the way to 6th, we were friends."

Ah, she didn't remember that.

"But you moved to Chicago in 7th remember."

Now it made sense, that she could definitely remember.

She blanked out, trying to reach out to any memory before one small realization popped up on her face, "Oh! We were friends, you used to come to my house and then...."

"Well, and then I moved."

They caught each other's eyes before looking away with small smiles. Haneul nodded, "Now I do, I can't believe I forgot."

Haechan shrugged, he was way more relaxed then, Haneul swept a small glance at his figure, "And you've grown— I mean we've grown!"

Then she bit her lip in confusion, "But you're Donghyuck, why did Mei call you Haechan?"

He seemed to contemplate her question before he answered, "My mom started it actually, you remember, she just called me that, and the nickname eventually caught on."

That made her nod her head, "Ah, you've known her longer than me, I met her during my senior graduation, her family had come to America to visit her aunt who lived there."

"I wasn't there time but, it's good to see you." He smiled at her, sending small butterflies of happiness in her stomach.

The day had maybe gotten better.