Extra Chapter

It took weeks for Cale to adjust in his new life and Rok Soo was helping him get used to it. Rok Soo asked his parents about the origin of Cale, since the redhead was different from normal Koreans. He learned he was orphaned when he was born after his parents abandoned him in front of the church in Scotland when he was still a baby. Then, when he was two years old, a Korean couple adopted him and brought him to South Korea. Cale's previous family couldn't bear a child so they adopted him. However, when Cale turned three years old, his adopted parents divorced and he was abused by his stepmother.

The abuse continued until he was four, it only stopped when the housekeeper couldn't take the abuse anymore. They called the child welfare officers and Cale was taken then was brought back to the orphanage in Korea. Cale spent one year in the orphanage then his parents adopted him. It was purely coincidence that Rok Soo's parents managed to find Cale.

When Cale was found, the redhead was in a playground in the daycare when he met his parents. His parents told him that Cale was alone, maybe because of the color of his hair. Cale was shy and soft-spoken, he was hesitant whenever he spoke, his hands trembled when they talked, he couldn't even make eye contact with his parents. It took them a while before Cale finally opened his heart to them, only a little though.

That was why Rok Soo's parents were surprised to see how Cale smiled at him.

"Cale," Rok Soo called his brother. The redhead looked at him. Rok Soo lifted him and placed him in his lap.

"I heard what happened to you before our parents took you in, it must have been hard," Rok Soo said as he gently patted his head. Cale remained silent.

"Don't worry, no one will hurt you now. This big brother of yours will protect you," Rok Soo added as he smiled at him. The redhead faced him and he buried his face on Rok Soo's chest.

Cale was having trouble expressing himself and voicing out his opinions as a result of constant abandonment and abuse. Even then, Kim Rok Soo was helping him and he was fully hands on taking good care of Cale.

Since their parents were both working and Rok Soo needed to go to school, Cale had to be sent to a daycare during the day. Rok Soo would be the one who would pick him up everyday.

Cale took a while before warming up to the children and teachers in the daycare. Rok Soo felt happy after Cale started talking about the friends he made in the daycare.

One afternoon, Rok Soo picked up Cale with Soo Hyuk and Jung Soo as the two wanted to meet the redhead. As soon as Cale saw Jung Soo, he stiffened. The little redhead didn't know why.

Rok Soo noticed Cale was trembling and was staring at Jung Soo. Then he realized something, Jung Soo bears resemblance to Choi Han. Cale started breathing hard, he was certainly panicking. Rok Soo immediately embraced his brother as he whispered consoling words while gently patting his back.

Does Cale remember his past life? Rok Soo frowned as he carried Cale. The redhead buried his face on Rok Soo's neck.

"Did we startle your brother?" Soo Hyuk asked.

"I guess this is not the perfect time to introduce you," Rok Soo responded. He could feel Cale's little body shaking.

Jung Soo and Soo Hyuk both scratched their heads but they understood. They knew the little redhead's background so they understood why he reacted that way.

"Little Cale? I heard your name is Cale. I know this is sudden but I am your brother's friend, my name is Lee Soo Hyuk. You can call me Hyung," Soo Hyuk smiled. Cale slowly lifted his head, tears formed at the corner of his eyes.

Cale saw Soo Hyuk's gentle smile which made him at ease as he gripped on Rok Soo's clothes. The latter smiled fondly as he continued gently patting his back. The little redhead offered a small, shy wave to Soo Hyuk which made his heart warm.