Chapter 3: Old Friends

__________________________________________________________________

Cass and several other little girls were playing around in the Western Air Temple. Cass was playing with the air scooter. Her best friend...showed her this move about a month ago or so. It took a few good tries, but Cass got the hang of it.

"Bet you can't outrun me, Cass!" shouted one of the girls.

Cass threw her glider and got onto it. She began to race with the girl. Cass was indeed quite fast. They then heard the sound of a bell.

"Wake up, Cass..." said a voice, "...wake up, Cass...wake up Cass."

__________________________________________________________________

"Wake up, Cass." a voice said.

Cass slowly opened her eyes. She found that a young man was the first thing to enter her vision. His left eye looked like it was constantly squinting, a green bandana was wrapped around his forehead, pulling in some of his brown-ginger hair. His eyes were green like emeralds shining within a cave.

"Cass." He said, "Wake up. Please. Live."

Cass' eyes remained slightly open. She then realized that she was bleeding from her forehead. She had a bandage wrapped around her forehead.

"What happened?" she winced as she tried to get up.

"Whoa, whoa, stay calm, Cass." said the young man, holding Cass down, "We saw you getting attacked by a firebender, so we made our move."

"Huh? Oh...right..."

It all came back to her. She had left the Fire Navy Shipfixing place a few weeks ago. She was then suddenly attacked by Admiral Tashi and his dragon. Cass and Kaze crashed into a few trees. Cass hit her head on a branch really hard. 

 Thankfully, earthbenders started ambushing Tashi. He escaped. She then looked to her right. There, she saw Kaze. The flying bison groaned in serious pain as a few watertribe healers tried to help her.

"Kaze..." Cass groaned, trying to hold one of her five paws.

"She'll be fine." replied the young man.

Cass then turned to see that she had seen this young man before. She had wondered if they had met before, otherwise, how would've he known her name? Cass then realized who it was. 

 This was Prince Bumi of the great Earth City of Omashu. She then remembered that he was a good friend of...his. Bumi helped Cass sit up, putting his arm around her.

"Thanks for the backup." she said.

"No problem." Bumi replied, "So, where did you come from? What's your story?"

"Well, ever-."

"Y'know what? I'll let you rest for a while. We'll take you for a ride."

"Where to?"

"Omashu."

Cass was carried up to Kaze's back. She offered Bumi a seat next to her. He declined at first, but when Cass took out the cute-doggy eyes, he finally said, "yes". Cass would laugh. She could still remember Omashu. 

 It was a great Earth City. Its pointy peaks reach for the sky. The entire area was made of pure stone. Cass' strength started to come back, giving her time to tell Bumi her story.

"After everything...well...happened...I escaped to the Earth Kingdom," Cass said, "but I couldn't get further than the west coast of it. So I've stayed hidden as a worker at a Fire Navy ShipFixing area."