| A Day Before the Fair |

"Don't think you can lure everyone with your looks." Joseph tch-tched.

"Oh c'mon that was completely a joke." James giggled in between.

"Hey Joseph, how can you consider him good looking when I'm sitting next to you. (pointing his index finger towards him)Do you forget that handsomeness also goes by the name of John." John affirms.

"Ah, look he's so full of himself."Sam puts an end to this.

All of them chuckle to that and began consuming the delicacies. But stop when they find, the Duke leaving the table without any single word.

"Ah! What again." John asks noticing the Duke in despair.

"This often happens when you're smitten by someone." Neh remarks.

"Is this what they call love?" Joseph interrogates.

"You tell us Jim, last year I saw you hanging out with Phillipa." John brings forth the new topic to put before the table.

"So, what was Phillipa like?" Jacob pulls his chair closer to the front to listen about the topic which has remained foreign to him for ages.

James with full satisfaction being the centre of the gossip begins his tale of love that he encountered last summer, before the ball thing happened. And all listened to him like children listening to grandma narrating fairy tales.

AT THE DUKE'S ROOM-

The duke was a complete mess

The duke was a complete mess. He began panicking over not getting a reply from y/n but at the same time he was relieved that he got to see her today. His heart beats runs faster, he sighs. He seems suffocated by the thought of Y/n acting indifferent towards him. He loosens his collar. It feels like he is yearning for something. But it shouldn't be happening in his case. He shouldn't be worrying if someone wrote to him or not. He's not the one who waits, but the one who walks ahead of others. He always thought that it was just a fling thing, love. But have He fallen for her deeply. Oh c'mon she's just another girl that appeared before your eyes, he affirms. He then decides to talk with her after all this fair thing comes to an end. He sits at his desk and pens his letter to y/n for the one last time.

Y/N'S PLACE-

"Girls! Madame from the boutique sent your dresses. Hurry up and check if they fit you." Mama shouts from the hall. Behind her stands one of the workers with few workers behind her holding out the attires of the Viscount's children.

"Lloyd, could you take these suits of yours and Ed sweetie." Mama asks Lloyd.

"Sure Mama. I'll inform if they fit or not." He leaves the hall to the corner of the room.

"Ah! I must say you sew the best suits." The viscount appears and sits beside mama.

"You remember my wedding gown(mama turns to the duke) it was also designed by Madame Margaret. (looking at the stairs) Girls hurry." She shouts and smiles at the workers from the boutique.

"That's why you looked so pretty at the wedding ." The Viscount makes a flirtatious remarks and they both giggle to this.

Y/n, Liz, Jo and Daisy hurried down the stairs after they heard mama's last call to them. Jo's head has curlers still hung. Daisy was in her pyjamas. And Liz had custard tarts on her morning dress. The viscountess sighed at their clumsiness. But there she was, our Y/n, fully organised.

"Did madame sent gloves too, I wrote to her yesterday asking about it?" asks y/n to one of the workers.

"Oh yes, madame. We have everything you are looking for." She hands them their dresses and accessories.

"Girls can you check if it fits you or not." Mama asks and eyes them to try their dresses out.

The workers sit at the main hall and sip the tea which mama had ordered to be served.

After few minutes the girls arrive.
"It fits perfectly well mama. (Y/n looks at the workers) Everything seems perfect and thank you for reaching to us early." She bows her head.

"Lloyd said their outfits were Perfect too." Liz informs. "He had to go to the stable to look at the horses."

"Oh, its fine madame. We'll inform Madame Margaret about it. No worries." They all stand up and bow to the viscount for the one last time and disappear through the main door.

"I can't wait for the fair already." Daisy says fully pleased by her dress.

"Me neither." Jo AND Y/N put in together, as they plop onto the couch beside her.

Author's note-

Hello my little flowers!!🌼🌼
How have you been? Are you taking proper care of yourself? Are you taking meals properly? I hope you all aren't sick. I wish you a healthy and prosperous new year. Thank you for stopping by my work. You don't know it means so much to me. It means the world to me. Let's be with each other. Let's wish that our Oppas remain healthy and may Jin eat and remain healthy at the military. 🥺💜 I luff all of you, just remember you're ARMY and you can do anything. I'll update the next chapter within two days it's a promise. ✨ Thank you and if you liked the story so far, let the star below turn yellow. And if you didn't, I'll try my best to get you into the story. 🌼🌼