Chapter 1

Flashbacks in italics.

Destiny's POV:
I arrived at the small 2 bedroom house in the collection of council houses in our area of Newcastle.

School had been a drag again.

Everyday I can't wait to leave that hell hole with the bullies and the people who jeer at me for how I look and dress just because we don't have as much money as the other kids in my school.

Scab.

Tramp.

Mistake.

Are a small selection of names I get called daily.

What enjoyment do people get out of making other people's lives unbearable?

As I opened the front door my only real best friend greeted me with a happy smile and hug, she is the only spark of light in my life at the moment.

"Hey baby what's up" Cheryl asks as the tear stains on my cheeks are evident.

"The people at school again, why can't I be normal mam? Why can't I have nice clothes to wear or the latest make up brands? Why can't I just be accepted?"

I watch as the sadness falls upon mams face. She tries her best to provide for me but it isn't enough.

"Because your my special little girl and if people can't accept you for who you are then they are the ones with a problem not you. Look at me Destiny there's so much potential locked inside of you find it and prove the bullies wrong"

I burst into a flood of tears as mam pulls me into a tight hug.

"I love you mammy"

"I love you to bubba."
-----
That was 4 years ago and a lot has changed since then. I stare around my spacious bedroom with the luxurious furniture and expensive decor.

How have I gone from living in a squalid council flat and not having enough money to feed us to living in a 10 bedroom mansion with all the things a 15 year old girl could dream of having?

I suddenly hear mams sweet voice sounding from her bedroom.

That voice changed our lives forever. Her angelic tone captured the nations hearts and now we are multi millionaires.

People would dream of having what I have right now but something still feels missing, something deep inside of me and I can't quite figure out what.

I jump slightly as Mam peeps around my door the smile on her face it up ear to ear as she notices I'm awake.

"Morning my little Destiny, how's you feeling me little pumpkin?" This is how she's always started my morning off ever since I remember. Somethings never change.

"I'm good" I giggle as she showers me with kisses.

"Aye, how's about spending the day with me at work, I know how much you hate school, common lets bunk" she winks at me.

I love going to work with Mam. It beats school anyway. I hate that place with posh snobs thinking they know it all. Screw them.

"Let's do it" I smile.

----

I quickly change into white top and grey leggings, run a brush through my hair and apply a small amount of makeup.

The smell of bacon wafts up into my bedroom an I follow the scent suddenly realising how hungry I am.

"Mm smells delicious" I say as I saunter into the kitchen.

"Thought you'd appreciate it babe"

Mams always been beautiful, she looks so effortless wearing black leggings and an oversized leather t shirt with her hair thrown into a quick bun. No wonder the magazines and paparazzi enjoy stalking her. Most people we know say that we look identical, the brown sparkling eyes, dimpled cheeks, sharp jawline, flowing chocolate brown hair and that famous tweedy snick.

"Your looking beautiful today" Mam compliments me.

"Back at ya midget" I wink.

Most people mistake us as sisters at first glance because of our close age gap.

Mam was a bit of a reckless child before she got pregnant with me at 14. She smoked, took drugs, partied so it wasn't rocket science that I was the result of a drunken night.

Mam always said that's how things were meant to turn out. That it was her destiny to bear a child at such a young age to realise she shouldn't waste her life away. Thats why I'm named Destiny because she always said from the moment I was born I saved her. Saved her from ruining her potential and realising that having a responsibly and the chance to love something other than yourself was more important.

"No regrets" she always says when we talk about it

"I would have never given you up." and I believe every word she says as she's the only person I trust and will ever completely trust with all of my heart.

"What you thinking about then?"

She's always been nosey, always wanting to know my thoughts.

"None of your business, cheeky" I grin as she serves breakfast up.

"No tell me pleaseee" she whines.

"Why do you want to know anyway?" I ask her

"Because I want to know if my baby is always happy"

"Of course I'm always happy" I smile back. But that smile didn't completely convince me because I wasn't truly happy, I want happy with myself, I didn't trust myself after the severity of my anxiety and depression I previously had. I could feel my self slowly falling back into its grasp and I couldn't control it.

"Good, now hurry up and eat slowcoach, I've got to be at the studio in 45 minutes"

I smile as she walks out the room. God, I love her so much.