꧁•⊹٭𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚋𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎: 𝟷𝟸٭⊹•꧂

Start from the beginning

You're there with bated breath, stunned to even breathe, "Aunt Ines...is it true?"

"Yes dear...but hopefully this time it's not a hoax," your aunt says. "But, after reading this particular article, I went to the National Museum of Anthropology and met a very friendly museum curator. Mr. Sanchez. I showed him the clippings, and he told me an interesting story about it."

She opens the folder and hands the photos to your family to study. It was images of a greenish stone figure and a disk...dubbed the disk of death and artifice, that is now on display at the Chapultepec Museum. It was part of the Theotibuacan collection.

You frowned as you handed the photos to your father to look at while your grandmother handed you another. The reddish image of a broken stone disk with a grinning skull, sightless eyes glaring malevolently, and a red protruding tongue surrounded by a halo resembling a catholic saint.

You all looked at your aunt, who smiled and said, "Those sculptures were lost to civilization to the Teotihuacan. I found out from the curator in Mexico, Mr. Sanchez is a friend of the family who worked at the National Museum for nearly 20 years. He claimed that the disk was excavated directly in front of the famous Sun Pyramid--"

"Are we talking about that third-largest Pyramid in the world?" your father squinted.

"Yes, the team of archeologists was so surprised that it made national news in the 1960s," your aunt nods, her eyes gleaming. "The disk, along with other artifacts, was relocated to the National Museum. As a result, the Archeologist concluded that the sculptures'halo' represented the "cycle of death and rebirth of the solar system."

Sammy walked in with a wide smile and sat next to your aunt. He was also shown the pictures, but he had no idea what they meant. Luna simply told him to pay attention.

You just squint at your beaming aunt, "So what does it mean, Aunty?"

"It means that the skull imagery is difficult to identify, but we believe it was used in human sacrifices and could be a representation of the Teotihuacan god of death, Michtlantecuhtli," your aunt explained softly.

"Oh my goodness!" exclaimed Luna. "So my great-great-grandfather might have disturbed the human sacrifices' burial site by entering the pyramid in the 1920s and awakening this oracle's power?"

You took a deep breath because this is massive but depressing.

"I'm afraid the risk of death is connected to human sacrifices around the construction of the Sun pyramids," your aunt pursed her lips tightly.Mr. Sanchez believes that the burial site was used for human sacrifices because of its presence and location. practice during building construction--"

"So, if I must ask a few questions," your grandmother inquired nervously, "Why, and what does it have to do with the family curse that has plagued my granddaughter her entire life?'