City Square Cafe

Kayden Pov
I woke up at 2pm, I feel the jetlag and my eyes won't seem to open while I was making my way to the shower.

I dressed up wearing a shirt and topped with a jacket, then pants of course. I went down and saw my brother playing with his phone,

"Where's Mom and Dad?" I asked cause I haven't seen them since I open my eyes,

"Oh, they went to buy some groceries. There's food in the kitchen" he replied then grins at me, oh he's about to tease...

"Good afternoon, Kayden Jaziah. You must've been homesick to fell asleep for more than twelve hours" he spoke, see? I let out a chuckle...

"Whatever" I replied and rolled my eyes at him,

I went to the kitchen and have my first meal of the day. And I missed having foods at home,

And while eating, my brother gets some glass to drink. Then a thought came to me, coffee. Since I have been away for five years, I don't know if there are new coffee shops here.

"Do you know new Cafe around?" I asked, he looked at me

"There's a new one around the city square, it opened recently and I heard they're good." he replied,

"You plan to visit there today?" he asked,

"Yup. And I want to take a walk around the city. You know, seeing what's new" I replied, might as well sightsee what's new around the town I grew up with.

"Well then, I'll be going to a boutique. I have to buy a suit for the company event" he spoke, buy a suit? Why? I frown at him being confused

"There's a company event? When?" I asked,

"Next week. Don't worry, you're invited. The invitations will be send tomorrow so just read it when you received. And now, I have to go. Bye" he spoke and rushes out,

"You can wear a suit if you want!" he shouted,

I giggled. He never stops teasing. He knows and my family knows I don't wear dresses, I stopped when I figured out my self.

I get my car keys, and went for a drive to the city. Lots of new establishments here, and new areas to hangout. I guess I'll use my free time mostly hanging out in the city.

I was driving at the city square and saw the cafe my brother was talking about. It stands out from the rest.

A two storey cafe with dark exterior, I'm liking the vibe of it with just looking at it. It got me excited and I quickly find a spot to park. As I entered the cafe, the aroma of coffee makes me feel calm. They got lots of foods to partner up with coffee too, and non-caffeine drinks.

"Hi, uhm. Can I get a Cold Brew Coffee, please?" I spoke to the cashier,

"Is that all Miss?" the staff kindly asked,

"Yes" I replied and paid for it, then I wait on the corner for my drink before looking for a seat. The ground floor was full so I went upstairs, luckily there's only few people here. I sit on the corner where the city can be seen, this would really look good at night.

First things first, I sip my coffee and felt so refreshed. The taste lingers inside my mouth. They're great, I guess this would be my go to place, they're open 24hours too.

A coffee this good, and a great view like this. One of the few things that calms my mind and my body.

.......

At the same time, a group of five girls entered the cafe, all wearing casual clothes.