Preface

December has always been a special month for me. As a child, I looked forward to Christmas and all the joy it brought - the snow, the traditions, and the time with my family. It was a time to share happiness with others.

But as I grew older, I started to forget the simple pleasures of youth - my favourite toy store, my favourite cartoon, and the feeling of being with my family. December became a reminder of those things.

I see people slowing down from their busy lives as December approaches. They book their tickets home for Christmas, reminding me to do the same. Home is a powerful word, full of memories, love, and belonging. But it can also be a burden, holding us back from pursuing our dreams.

Like many young people, I left home to chase my passions and goals. I'm ambitious, but I will always love my family. I left home for better education and freedom, but also to discover my purpose in life.

Sometimes, home feels distant and unfamiliar. I wonder where my true home is and if I'll ever have my own family and a new home. But life is short and also intense. I've dedicated myself to saving lives through medicine and sacrificed time with my loved ones. Now, I know what's most important, and I want to regain it.

Success is meaningless if you can't share it with those you love, and happiness is hard to find without it. I still don't have all the answers, but I hope to find a few of them through my poetry.