Chapter 1: The Beginning of the Journey

A sea breeze through a charming port town where life was good with a mild and pleasant climate. The town called Porto Marinade was famous in the Paldea region, a large and beautiful region with various landscapes ranging from snow-capped mountains to large green plains and beaches by the sea. This town was known for its market offering fresh products directly from the sea of Paldea.

Fletchling flew in the blue sky while Finizen swam in the sea and leapt out of the water. A young boy was at the town's harbour enjoying the sea view with other travellers waiting for the boat to go to another region of this world inhabited by fabulous creatures called Pokémon living alongside humans. He was suddenly called out by a voice as he turned his gaze to a girl running towards him as she looked exhausted to the boy's surprise.

???: (Y/N)... Why did you suddenly leave without waiting for me to accompany you?

(Y/N): I didn't thought you would come Nemona. You seemed busy with Geeta, so I didn't want to bother you, but I'm really glad to see you. He said with a smile on his face.

Nemona: I know you're leaving for new adventures, but I can't let you go without fighting you one last time, don't forget that we are rivals! She showed her Poké Ball to the boy to challenge him to a battle, but she was suddenly interrupted by the voice of a long-haired woman who approached them with a man.

(Y/N): Top Champion, Director Clavell, what are you doing here? He asked the Champion of Paldea region, Geeta and the Director of the famous academy in the region where the two young were students.

Clavell: As director, it would be a shame not to come and watch one of my academy's students leave.

Geeta: Indeed, I also came to say goodbye to the Champion (Y/N). We are saddened by your departure, but we understand your wish to discover the beauty of the world, so continue to travel and become stronger. However, don't forget that you're one of the treasures of Paldea with the Champion Nemona.

(Y/N): What do you mean Top Champion? He asked in confusion as the woman turned her head towards the sunlit sea hitting the coast of Paldea before smiling and turning her gaze to the two young people in front of her.

Geeta: You are both the strongest trainers in the region, you are a model for the rest of the trainers. Now that you are leaving the region, don't forget that you're a Champion and you represent Paldea throughout the world and make us proud.

Clavell: I would also add that I hope this new journey will make you more mature and I hope with all my heart that you will enjoy this adventure.

Nemona: Yeah, you got it! Have fun in the different regions, capture various and get even stronger, I'll get stronger too and we can have the best fight in the world!

(Y/N): Thank you everyone, don't worry about me. Today I feel ready to go on this new adventure with my partner. He said as he took out the Poké Ball of his first Pokémon that would accompany on his journey.

Nemona: Haha! Now it's time for our fight before your boat leaves.

(Y/N): You should give up now, but you will humiliate yourself in front of everyone. Get ready my rival, because I'm going to win this fight!

Kanto

The Kanto region, a beautiful region sharing the same Pokémon league as its neighbour, the Johto region. Pokémon and humans lived peacefully in this beautiful region as a ship sailed towards a large, world-famous port city called Vermillion City. The ship arrived at the harbour of the city as the travellers left the ship for the city. A young man quickly left the ship as he was excited to discover a new region which he knew only from pictures and videos, he had never been to Kanto before.

The young by called (Y/N), walked through the streets of Vermillion City with a smile of his face at the sight of the beautiful flight of a group of Butterfree flying over the city before turning his attention to shops selling various products for the humans and Pokémon living together in this world. He stopped at a restaurant to eat a delicious meal as his body was demanding food after a long journey.

He ordered a few sandwiches since it reminded him of his region which had better sandwiches, although he didn't complain about food and began to eat as he checked his phone for the lastest news before glancing at the time as he shouldn't be late for something.

"???: Are you going to the Kanto region? Perfect, I have a favour to ask you, (Y/N).

(Y/N): What can I do for you, Professor Sada? He asked as he spoke on the phone with Paldea's best Professor.

Sada: I received an invitation from a friend, Professor Cerise who is going to open a new laboratory in Vermillion City, but unfortunately I won't be able to go so I would like you to take my place to meet him."

(Y/N): I think it's time to go to the opening ceremony of the lab. Professor Sada asked me to meet this new professor, so I'll do it...

On his way to the lab, (Y/N) saw a young boy of his age on the ground accompanied by a Pikachu to the boy's confusion. He came closer to the unconscious boy and turned his gaze to the Pikachu to ask if it was his trainer before trying to wake the boy who suddenly opened his eyes and stood up to the protagonist's surprise.

(Y/N): Are... Are you okay?

???: I got an electric shock from a new Pokémon I've never seen, but I'm fine, thanks for waking me up!

(Y/N): You got electrocuted by a Pokémon? You're really weird in the Kanto region, but whatever I am (Y/N), I'm here for the ceremony and you?

???: Nice to meet you, I'm Ash from Pallet Town and this is my partner Pikachu! Yeah, I'm here for the opening ceremony too. He exclaimed as his Pokémon jumped on the boy's shoulder. A smile appeared on (Y/N)'s face at the duo, which seemed rather unique and friendly.

(Y/N): I am glad to meet you, Ash and Pikachu. I think we should hurry before the ceremony starts.

The group entered the laboratory to attend to the professor's speech to the public who had come to the opening of this new lab in the Kanto region. However, the speech was suddenly interrupted by an alert that drew the attention of everyone in the room, apparently a powerful Pokémon was about to appear at the city's port.

At the announcement of a powerful Pokémon that could be a Legendary, (Y/N)'s eyes sparkled with joy and excitement at the thought of meeting such a strong Pokémon. Immediately, he left the laboratory first to the surprise of everyone, including Ash who began to follow him as he wanted also meet this Pokémon.

The two ran at full speed through the streets of Vermillion City as a huge dark cloud over the harbour of the city suddenly dissipated to reveal a powerful Lugia, a Legendary Pokémon that everyone wanted to capture it. With an impressive show of strength, it easily defeated the trainer that attacked it before (Y/N) arrived first because he ran faster than Ash and drew the Pokémon's attention to fight it.

(Y/N): Hey Lugia, you're a Legendary Pokémon from the Johto region, right? I am (Y/N), Champion of the Paldea region, you will be the first Pokémon I fight and catch in Kanto! I choose you, Quaquaval! His partner from Paldea appeared on the battlefield to battle the Legendary Pokémon.

Ash: Wow, a new Pokémon I've never seen before! He said admiringly, arriving late since (Y/N) was about to start the battle.

(Y/N): Quaquaval use Aqua Step!

The dancing Pokémon obeyed its trainer's order and leapt towards the giant bird to hit it, but the creature flew into the sky to avoid the Pokémon's attack. (Y/N) looked up to see Lugia taking a breath and sending a vortex of air towards the Quaquaval, which narrowly dodged before shrouding itself in water and charging the Legendary Pokémon at full speed, hitting it violently as Lugia roared in pain.

Ash: Amazing, they are really strong!

(Y/N): We will defeat you, Lugia!

End