Waiting.

It's been a week later now. His condition hasn't gotten better nor has it gotten worse. It stayed the same. He had one week left. If he didn't wake up then it's over.

They're all here. They never left for a second. They're all sitting outside or inside of his room. The only good thing is that I'm a doctor so whenever something happens to any one of them I could help easily.

They were all shocked that I'm a doctor. I mean if someone told me last year that my life would look like it does now I would laugh in their faces.

I'm currently heading to his room right now. I've been with another patient. She needed a check up about her pregnancy. It went smooth. When I came into the room all eyes were on me apart from his.

"Have you to any news?" Aria asked.

"Unfortunately no." I look at his heart monitor it was normal for now.

"Aurora is he going to wake up?" Alessandro asked.

"I have no idea sir. We're doing everything in our powers. But he has a week left. If he doesn't wake up then I'm sorry but... we'll have to turn them off" I look over at the machines.

"God" I heard Thalia whispers.

"I'm really sorry" I said backing away about to leave.

"Did you ever stay with him?" Alfonzo asked.

I froze. "What do you mean?"

"I mean. Do you spend some time with him?"

"Please don't tell me you expect me to"

"I don't know"

"Look Alfonzo I work here. I'm not a guest. You're here for a few more days and then you'll leave. What if I'll get fired? I already went against the rules by telling Xavier and Thalia personal things about him. I shouldn't of had said it to his parents"

"True. So Aurora. It's just I can't get used to the fact that your a doctor now"

I chuckle. "Yea it's unbelievable I know" and with that I walk out closing the door behind me. Smiling to myself. I see them again. But it probably will be the last time this time.

"Aurora" Kevin called me.

"Yeah?"

"If anything happens to him. I'm so sorry. Just know we did everything we could."

I sigh "I know everyone did everything they could"

"Mhm. See you in a bit"

"Bye" and he walked away.

"You still love him don't you" I heard someone say. It was Aria's voice. I inhale deeply and exhale before I turn to her.

"Yes I do ma'am" I don't call them by their names anymore.

"You didn't look back" she whispers.

"I did what Alfonzo told me not to. And it led me here" I say looking around.

"I do indeed miss you all. But this is better for me, him... for us."

"What is better for us exactly?"

"You don't have to keep looking after me worrying that something might happen to me because I cannot fight for myself. I can't protect myself"

"That's not true. And you proved them that night" she was referring to the night the shooting happened.

"You're a lot stronger than we all thought. We all still love you. You can't imagine how hard it is without you. When he wakes up. Please come home with us" those last 5 words she said made me freeze completely.