Short Story 1: The Island

This short story is raw and barely edited. It was just a portion of my notes but since I promised to release Fliskan short stories, I opted to have it uploaded here on Wattpad. Its about a vacation of the Fliskans in one of the Bealyx's private islands happening after the wedding of Zyric and Elzilaura. 

I hope you the year started well for you. Happy reading <3

The Island

"It's been a while since I've been along a seashore." Soradina says as she stares into the beach while conversing with her husband.

"I know." Zedon answers back while taking his baby boy from the arms of his wife. "That's why you should join the girls. I'll be fine with my son."

"Are you sure?" The Duchess of Craiine was worried.

"Yes, it's also been a while since I've had a chance to play with him so go on and have fun. You deserve break too." Zedon affirms.

"Yeah, come with us." Zora pulls Soradina away. Not long after, Alednos arrives.

"My Lord Duke, I brought Rolune with me for some quality time as well. Do you mind if we join you and Scydian?" Alednos asks.

"Please." Zedon motions to his companion to sit beside him.

Alednos does so. He sits on the blanket mat laid underneath a large tree that provided shade for them. He also adjusts himself so he can sit his daughter together with her playmate. The two toddlers got along just fine.

"We used to bring ladies by the beach but now, it's the children that we are playing with." Alednos mentions

"Yeah, but I do enjoy this more. It's more peaceful." Zedon smiles as he watches the toddlers hold their toys. "Anyway, how are you, Alednos?"

"I'm good, my lord." He answers with reverence which annoys Zedon.

"Cut the formality. We are on vacation. Besides, we are of equal rank." Zedon explains.

"Yes, we are both dukes but you are the Duke of Craiine. By law, you must be revered for you are the second most powerful next to the queen. But for now, I will try not to be so formal... Zed." Alednos hesitated towards the end of his reply.

"Okay." Zedon says. "It has been a while since you called me by name."

"I know." Alednos remarks. "And we used to be really close."

"I wonder why we lost that closeness." Zedon responds.

"It was when we both married our wives and took on responsibilities. We were adulting." Alednos almost gives out a laugh.

"Yeah, I think that's what happened." Zedon says. Then, he also opens up to his old friend. "You know, I am still remorseful about Kalmera. I feel I have done you and Rolune a great injustice." His tone was regretful.

"No worries. You did what was best for everyone. Kalmera had a choice. I begged her to choose us but she stayed loyal to Kyron. She also did what she had to do.

I never had ill feelings towards you regarding Kalmera. I will explain that to Rolune when she grows up. I'm sure she will understand."

"Thank you." Zedon responds with relief in his tone. "I promise that I will make it up to Rolune. I will spend the rest of my days protecting her." The Duke of Craiine helped Alednos' daughter reach for the toy she was trying to get. Scydian crawled beside his playmate. Both babies giggled and cooed as they played with their toys.

"You are too kind, Zed." Alednos replies. Before the Duke of Craiine could respond back, his communicator was ringing. He excused himself and opened it flat on the sand not too far away from his companions.