The Sapphire Prince: Sneak peak

As promised, I am releasing this chapter from the first draft of the Sapphire Prince. It will be edited in the future but for now, I hope you enjoy this gift especially for you. 

Without further ado, this is slated to be chapter three in the draft with the working title "Diamond in the rough." 

Tentative cover art

Tentative cover art

Chapter 3: Diamond in the rough

Ocvon arrives in Desatoru, a house near the Queen's villa which is a property of Prince Danaviel, the Prince Consort. Though his only child with the Fliskan Queen is Princess Kyre, he has cared for her other children by previous marriages and they have warmed up to him. In fact, they were closer to him than their  mother. His house in Craiine was a favorite of the royal children who were allowed to use the property and do as they please.

"My lord, Prince Galabrus awaits you in the poolside." Aselna, the housekeeper said as she stopped and curtsied in front of Ocvon. then leads Ocvon across the spacious high ceiling corridors and into the indoor swimming pool.

The area had glass walls and the view was spectacular lush green gardens. Atop the glass walls where thick vines cascading and hiding the junction between the glass and the cemented column.

The pool was huge and had small islands containing tall palms and lush vines. A woman was swimming on and rose up sitting by the pool side where the Queen of Fliska's only son was awaiting her. As soon as she was out of the pool, the Prince of Fliska wrapped a towel around her, drying her up like a pampered child. Before she could tease him with a kiss, they both realize that they had company.

"Ocvon! It's so nice to see you." Galabrus was elated to see one of his closest friends. The prince of Craiine approaches.

"This is Lady Coriani." Galabrus introduces his companion. "My dear, this is his highness, the crown prince of Craiine who had just passed his linking exam. He will one day wield the Sapphire Sphere and rule over the Dukedom of Craiine.

"My lord." The lady tries to curtsey.

"Please, there is no need to be formal in private moments like these." Ocvon utters.

"Yes, but I feel the need to introduce you formally and be proud of my friend." Galabrus says.

"It is befitting your royal status, your highness." The lady adds.

"Fair enough but you need not be formal now. You may call me Ocvon." He informs the lady.

"Alright, Ocvon." She smiles at him which makes Galabrus a bit uncomfortable.

"Okay, go get yourself ready for dinner. We will start once my sisters have arrived."

"Surely." She caresses the Prince of Fliska's face before he turns back to Ocvon. "It was a pleasure to meet you, my Lo- Ocvon." The lady corrects her statement.