Chapter 19 - The competitor

Start from the beginning

"Now I am." I chuckled as I saw Aurora looking at Nicole and me.

Nicole gave me a puzzled look. "You are acting weird this evening."

Aurora shot daggers at me and walked away in quick steps, bumping into the people.

Once Nicole and I stopped dancing, I approached my brother and his friend who was Nicole's brother, Nathan Carter. We were talking when my phone rang, interrupting us. I excused myself and walked away, picking up my phone.

As I couldn't hear what my agent was telling me, I went to the terrace to hear him properly; there wouldn't be a lot of people.

When I was about to walk into the terrace, I saw Aurora and Logan hugging each other. Her back was turned to me; so she didn't see me, but I wasn't sure she would notice me even if it was otherwise because she enjoyed herself in this British CEO's arms. I clenched my fist in frustration while sadness and disappointment filed my heart.

Now I understood why she didn't give me a change.

She found herself another man.

When she pulled back slightly, Logan cupped her cheek, looking at her tenderly.

"Liam? Do you hear me?" Eddie asked, interrupting my thoughts.

As watching Aurora in this British's arms became unbearable, I stormed out, gritting my teeth, and hung up the phone.

***

I heaved a loud sigh as I parked my car in front of the fashion house. My mother asked me to come to talk about her upcoming project with Rose. I got out of my car, hoping that British CEO wasn't here with Aurora because if I saw them together again, I wouldn't be able to control myself.

As my mother's secretary informed me that my mother was in the meeting, I went to the cafeteria to drink coffee and avoid bumping into Aurora and Logan.

I was sipping my coffee absently while leaning against the wall when I heard two girls talking about Aurora and Logan.

"I didn't think they were this much serious. Haven't they met recently? Why did he take her to London to introduce her to his family?" One of the girls asked curiously.

Did Aurora go to London with that British guy?

"I won't be surprised if we get invitation to their wedding soon. I heard her talking to Logan about something this morning. She looked happy." The other girl commented.

"Is she pregnant? Maybe because of it they are in a hurry."

"Who knows?! Otherwise, I don't think Logan would take her to introduce her to his parents quickly."

I clenched my fist in frustration and stormed out of the cafeteria after throwing my paper cup into the dustbin.

When I was going to my mother's office to wait for her there, I saw Aurora in the hallway. I gritted my teeth angrily and approached her in quick steps.

"Come with me." I demanded, grabbing her arm, and dragged her with me while ignoring her protests.

I released her arm as soon as we were away curious eyes.

"What the hell is with you, Liam?" She asked furiously.

"What is going on between you and that British CEO?" I asked sarcastically. "Because of him, you didn't give me a chance, did you? However, you shouldn't have chose him over me. I have more money than him." I added, giving her an arrogant smirk.

"How dare you?!" She snapped, shooting daggers at me. "Before you accused me of sleeping with your brother, now you accuse me of being a gold-digger?!"

I ran my hand through my hair angrily. "Isn't you are? Don't tell me you fell in love with that English tea?!" I asked in a sardonic tone.

"I don't get into anyone's bed for money, Liam Anderson. I am sorry for disappointing you, but there is nothing between Logan and me. He is just my cousin which has appeared recently." She stated in irritation and gave me a disgusting look.

I looked at her shock as my jaw dropped by her confession.

They are cousins?!

"I... I am sorry, Aurora. I didn't know... I was..."

"Enough, Liam!" She exclaimed as a drop of tear run down her cheek. "Please, stop breaking my heart. I don't sleep around or sell my body. I am not a slut." She added while tears kept running down her cheeks.

"Aurora... I..." When I wanted to grab her arm, she pulled it away angrily.

"Stay away from me, Liam. I don't want you in my life." She stated angrily and stormed away.

I cursed under my breath, running my hand through my hair angrily and kicked the wall.

You ruined everything, Liam.

Again!

I sighed and left the fashion house. I wasn't in the stated to talk to my mother.