CH18 THE "RUINED" DATE

Zacznij od początku

“Good.”

“What are we going to eat?”

“This is a place that specializes in street foods.” He smiled.

Her eyes widened in surprise. “I love street foods. How did you know?”

He smiled. “I found out, so I could make our date memorable.”

“I want to hug and kiss you right now,” she said, laughing.

“Save them, baby. I want them all tonight.” His voice was husky, and it activated her nerve endings, turning them raw.

“I won’t mind if we…” her voice was lost when a familiar voice called out from behind. It was Vansh, and she froze.

What was she going to tell him? Would he guess they were going on a date?

“Akshara and Abhimanyu, where are you guys headed?” Vansh asked.

Before Abhimanyu could respond, she interjected.

“I am going to go eat my favourite street food. I asked Abhimanyu to take me since you didn’t bother asking if I wanted to go out.”

“Oh, good. Can you guys bring me back something from that place? I am craving it, too.”

“Sure. Check the menu online and text me what you want,” Abhimanyu said as the car pulled up in front of them.

“Cool. Have fun, you guys.” Vansh turned away but stopped. “You know, on second thought, I want to go with you guys. I think the food needs to be eaten fresh and not after its been in a box for a half-hour.”

“What?” The word rolled out of her mouth before she could think.

Abhimanyu chuckled.

“Okay, let’s go.”

There was no denying that Akshara was disappointed. She wanted to be with Abhimanyu, alone, to get to know him better. However much she loved her best friend, in that moment, she was angry at him. She was so annoyed with how her date night was turning out; she took out her phone and video called her mother.

When her mother answered the call, Akshara glared at Abhimanyu in the rear view mirror.

“Ma, guess what. I am happy to report that I had one babysitter until yesterday, and now I have two of them.”

She saw Abhimanyu chuckle, and Vansh started laughing.

“Auntie, she is pissed I didn’t take her out to get her favourite food.”

“Don’t pay attention to her, Vansh. She is a tantrum girl. I am so happy you are all taking care of her.My little girl.”

“That’s very nice, Ma.” Her annoyance was snowballing. She spoke to her mother for a few more minutes and ended the call.