Eri: "I can't hear anything, Papa!"

"Good, you don't need to hear this yet, snowball," Izuku said, uncovering her ears for a second and then recovering them, causing her to pout, which the five thought was adorable. "As for your question, Yang, the group was found dead."

The silence in the room was deafening as the four sat looking at Izuku with mixed emotions on their faces.

Weiss: "was it you?"

Izuku: "would you like the truth?"

Weiss: "of course!" Izuku looked at her, seeing the resolve in her eyes. All he could do was sigh.

Izuku: "(sigh) fine, but before we continue can someone get Jane and her team?"

"I will!" Ruby said and rushed out of the room before anyone could say anything. She returned just as quickly, followed closely by team JNPR who, when seeing Izuku, looked relieved.

Lily: "Izuku, it's good to see your back. What happened to Cardin and his group." Jane flinched slightly at the mention of his name and rubbed her arms.

Izuku: "take a seat, and I will tell you everything."

The group nodded and took a seat. Jane sat on Izuku's right while Lily sat on his left. Nora and Pyrrha sat in front of him, leaning against Blake's bed, who was sitting up now and looking at Izuku along with everyone else. Izuku, not wanting to sit with his hands over Eri's ears the whole time, grabbed Yang's headphones and put them on Eri, who started to bob her head to the music playing.

Izuku: "now, to get everyone on the same page since team RWBY already knows. Cardin is dead, along with his team." The four that didn't know gasped in shock, although Jane looked slightly relieved.

Weiss: "ok, now that we are all on the same page, answer my question. Was. It. You?"

"yes," Izuku answered without hesitation and looked directly into Weiss's eyes.

"WHY!?" Weiss yelled, looking at Izuku while the others stared at Izuku in shock.

"Weiss, calm down. I am sure Izu had a good reason. Right?" Ruby said, trying to calm her teammate.

Weiss: "no, Ruby, I won't calm down. What possible reason could he have for killing him? I know Cardin was a horrible person who deserves to be locked up for life but death, don't you think that is too far?"

"how about we ask the person in question instead of going right for blaming him right off the bat?" Pyrrha asked, with Lily and Nora nodding in agreement. While Jane was still sitting in shock, staring at Izuku. Weiss, unable to argue with that, sat down in a huff and stared at Izuku.

"Fine, what possible reason could you have for your actions?" Weiss asked, taking a seat and staring at Izuku, who was undisturbed by Weiss's outburst, fully expecting it to happen.

Izuku: "the answer is simple. I saw no other way that did not end with someone I care about getting hurt" all their eyes widened. Izuku then explained how Cardin talked about breaking Jane and coming after the rest of them. "I will always say people deserve a second chance, and I know you all are strong enough to protect yourself. Still, knowing him, he would use underhanded tactics to get at all of you and do unspeakable things, and I could not take that risk."

Weiss sat their silent head down, feeling ashamed of her outburst now, knowing that Izuku didn't only do that for Jane but for the rest of them. She was about to apologize to Izuku when the group all heard a yawn. They looked down and saw Eri nodding off in Izuku's arms.

"I should put Eri to bed, and the rest of you should go to bed as well," Izuku said, standing up with Eri and taking off the headphones, handing them back to Yang, who accepted them. He walked toward the door and stopped looking back at the gathered group. "Think of me as you will, but my place in life is not as a savior, contrary to what people believe, but as the demon who takes care of others' problems, so more don't get hurt. Good night all of you."