15

she smiled at him and went in for a hug "hey thena good to see you" he returned the smile "good to see you too giveon" the two have worked together in the past.

athena then walked up to doja, squealing once doja noticed her. athena gave her a hug and looked at her outfit "you look so good" doja laughed and complimented her as well, having small talk.

athena made her way over to where jack was being interviewed.  he finished and immediately noticed her. he smiled and gave her a side hug. "hows it going so far ?" he asked her.

"crazy" athena huffed and fixed her dress "can we go inside now ?" she pouted, annoyed of how the paparazzi were all up on her.

"mmm looks like you got an interview" jack nodded at the interviewer and walked away from athena who was already regretting attending.

"athena you look great" she smiled at the reporter "thank you" "so how does it feel to be back ... officially i hope ?"

athena half laughed "yes officially back, i just needed you know a small vacation. but it feels great, ready to get back to work"

"thats great and i hear you are now expanding your ethic and working with other people like jack harlow on his newest album" athena nodded "hes a good friend and asked for input"

"ive seen youve worked with people like giveon and bryson tiller in the past and i was wondering if you are planning on working with other artists in the R&B genre"

athena smiled and shrugged "ill guess we'll find out" the reporter smiled "well thank you athena for taking the time to let us ask questions i hope you have a good night" athena smiled and nodded "you too, thank you"

she walked away and found jack talking to another reporter. athenas manager was fixing her hair and making sure she looked good.

athena was in earshot of the interview and heard everything they were talking about. she had asked jack if he was interested in anyone at the event.

jack was looking through a spread sheet of the people there. he flipped the page and instantly found athena. the reporter caught on and pointed at her picture "ouu what about athena ?"

jack smiled "shes uh, shes a good friend of mine" the interview ended shortly after that and jack walked into the building before athena.

when athena walked in jack was standing right there waiting for her "shes a good friend of mine" athena mocked jack who gave athena a dirty look.

"you made it sound so fucking sus" jack laughed as they walked down the long hallway "well what does it matter ? were just friends" he smiled at her and bumped her.

athena looked up at him and rolled her eyes "dont fuckin play with me jackman" they made it into the building and sat in their assigned seats.

after a small intermission, jack had to leave to get ready for his short performance. "good luck" she smiled up at him as he was getting ready to walk away.

"you're already here" he cheesed at her. she smiled at him, watching him walk away, so in love.

...

after the BBMAS the two headed back to atlanta. athena was at her place cleaning when the music out of the speakers stopped, indicating her phone was ringing.