"Don't you worry. I'll take care of this."

Gu Shen closed his eyes and recalled the situation at that time. The underage student seemed to have come specially for his leg. The moment he approached Gu Shen, he pulled out the knife from the sleeve of his school uniform.

His companion beside him also took out his gun at the same time. The two of them worked together so well that it was obvious that they were prepared.

Gu Shen opened his eyes, revealing a murderous gaze.

Whoever the person behind it was, he wasn't going to let them go.

While he was thinking, the door was pushed open and Yan Xi walked in. She had changed into a long-sleeved pajamas and her hair was draped over her shoulders. She was holding a cup of protein powder.

Gu Shen gestured for Uncle Hai to change his clothes and looked at Yan Xi.

"Why did you come back?"

"I made you a cup of protein powder." Yan Xi frowned slightly. "Drink it. It can help your wound heal."

Chapter 200: An Intimate Night

The protein powder did not taste good. Gu Shen smelled it and turned his head away in disdain.

"Do I have to drink it?"

"You have to." Yan Xi did not back down. "Take another painkiller after that."

Gu Shen took a deep breath and forced himself to finish the protein powder at one go. No matter how bad it tasted, it was still better than the blood he smelt today.

Yan Xi wiped the water from the corner of Gu Shen's mouth and sighed softly. "Rest early tonight. I'll be in the room next door."

"No." Gu Shen grabbed Yan Xi's wrist.

"What?"

"The wound is inflamed. I may have a fever tonight. Can you stay with me?"

"Do you want me to keep you company tonight?" Yan Xi was a little conflicted. She was afraid that she would accidentally touch Gu Shen's wound.

"Keep me company." Gu Shen frowned and looked at Yan Xi stubbornly.

Yan Xi had no choice but to feed him painkillers and anti-inflammatory medicine. She then found some fever medicine from the room next door and placed it on the bedside table. "I'll accompany you. Now sleep."

"Alright."

Yan Xi placed the pillow further away from Gu Shen. She would turn around in her sleep. Usually, it did not matter, but now, she was worried that she would touch Gu Shen's wound.

She carefully lay down and turned off the bedside lamp. She wanted to wait for Gu Shen to fall asleep before returning to her room, but as soon as she closed her eyes, she fell asleep.

****

In the middle of the night, Yan Xi was in a daze. She kept feeling that someone was talking to her. She struggled to open her eyes and heard Gu Shen's murmur.

"Water..."

His voice was weak. If Yan Xi was not lying beside him, she would not have heard him clearly.

Yan Xi turned on the light and poured a glass of warm water for Gu Shen. She touched his forehead and realized that his face was a little hot.

He had a fever, but fortunately it was not a high fever.