𝔸 ℝ𝕖𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕠𝕟, 𝕒 𝔻𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕣 𝕀𝕟𝕧𝕚𝕥𝕖, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕒 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕊𝕦𝕣𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 (𝟙)

Bᴀsɪʟ POV

"Give it up, Marcus!" Raymond grumbled after watching Marcus trying to open the door but to no avail. No amount of pulling, pushing, shoving his shoulder into the door helped. "You've been trying at this for what feels like hours! It's not going to open."

I then looked at Ivory. She was still strangely calm and held a blank expression on her face. It was rather unsettling. Ivory then turned her head to the windows on the right side of the hallway. She walked towards one of the windows and looked outside. Once she checked the outside though, her blank expression quickly dissipated. Her eyes slightly widened and then she slightly frowned.

ⵊᴠᴏʀʏ POV

"It's all coming back to me. Could we be in...what I think we're in?"

𝐹𝑙𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘

I was seven years old at the time and I was still living in New Orleans, Louisiana. I was home alone, watching a movie on TV, waiting for my older sister and her friend to come back from work. I grabbed the remote and paused the movie. I jumped off the couch and headed to the kitchen to get a snack.

When I finally reached the kitchen, I reached for the light switch but I didn't feel it. It was strange because I could actually reach the light switch by myself without tiptoeing. I looked at the wall with the light switch and saw it wasn't there. My eyes slightly widened. I looked around the kitchen to see it was completely different. It was all in an extremely older fashion. Specifically, it was in an 1830s style.

I then heard screaming outside. Curious to see what was going on, I climbed on the counter that was by a window. Outside, not only was the city in an older fashion, but I saw a mob of people running across the street. I pressed my face closer to the window and saw the mob was heading towards a house that was only a few blocks away from mine.

I really wanted to understand what was going on so I ran out of the kitchen and raced to the front door. While running down the halls, I saw that all the lights had been replaced with candles and the wallpaper was way more detailed than usual.

When finally I reached the front door, I flung it open. But to my surprise, the mob was gone and the city was back to normal. I slowly went back inside the house and saw that everything inside was back to normal as well.

What the hell was all that...?

𝐹𝑙𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑

"There is a probability this could be similar to that experience but-"

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. I whipped my head around to see a rather concerned Basil.

Bᴀsɪʟ POV

Ivory turned to face me, finally.

"What is it, Bas?" she asked, tilting her head.

"You spaced out for a moment there. Are you ok?" I asked, concern laced in my voice. Ivory looked back at the window then at me. She opened her mouth to speak but abruptly stopped and looked down the hallway, letting out a small hum. I then looked back at our party and they were also looking at Ivory.

"There's someone coming," she said. The rest of our party seemed to start freaking out. I was just as freaked out as everyone else was but I also felt skeptical. Ivory has a habit of heightening any of her five senses (mostly her hearing) but she also does have a habit of misinterpreting if what she hears is a bad thing or not. So, I don't know if the thing she heard is going to be placing us in peril or not.