He was still looking at Gu Shen's new post on WeChat. He could not believe that the woman next to him was Yan Xi.

"Gu Shen was actually in love with Yan Xi. If I had known that this ungrateful girl was so capable, I would have treated her better." As he spoke, his gaze shifted to Old Madam Yan.

Back then, Old Madam Yan treated Yan Xi well. Even if this wicked girl didn't care about him, she still had to care about the old madam.

He moved closer to Old Madam Yan.

"Mom, Yan Xi said she likes your dumplings. Make more tomorrow. Let's bring some to her together."

Old Madam Yan agreed happily. "Xixi likes to eat dumplings with meat filling. Get Nanny Li and the others to prepare the ingredients first."

"Okay."

Chapter 179: How Can It Not Matter

It was eight o'clock before the two of them went downstairs for dinner.

At the dining table, Yan Xi said, "I've already sent the section to the Medical University. The results will be out tomorrow. I have to be there to keep an eye on them."

Gu Shen nodded and placed the peeled prawns on Yan Xi's plate.

He looked calm. If you only looked at that face, people would probably think he was attending some summit.

Xiaolan's jaw had already dropped. She hid in the corner and used her eyes to convey her surprise to others.

It had always been others serving Gu Shen. They did not expect to see Gu Shen serving others.

No one dared to take a closer look. Gu Er was the first to notice that something was wrong. He saw a red mark on Gu Shen's neck, half hidden behind his shirt.

"President Gu." Gu Er asked, "Are you allergic? Put down the prawns. I'll go get the family doctor for you now."

"Come back!" Gu Shen said. His voice was calm, but he sounded a little exasperated. "I'm not allergic. There's no need to call the doctor."

"But that..." Before Gu Er could finish speaking, Gu Liu covered his mouth and dragged him away.

Yan Xi pursed her lips and giggled. She teasingly pretended to not know. "Your allergy looks a little serious. I'll apply some medicine for you later."

Gu Er said excitedly, "See, I told you, Mr... Ow!"

Gu Liu stepped on his foot heavily. "President Gu, Madam, please continue enjoying your meal. I have something to discuss with Gu Er."

With that, he dragged Gu Er away.

Gu Shen looked at Yan Xi, who was trembling with joy, and said expressionlessly, "Are you full?"

"Not yet!" Yan Xi opened her mouth obediently. "The prawns are delicious."

"Get the kitchen to buy more tomorrow."

Xiaolan nodded. "Okay."

*****

In the middle of the night, Yan Xi lay in bed, tossing and turning, unable to fall asleep.

Although Yan Dong was not close to her, he more or less knew about her. This time, because of his words, she almost exposed herself in front of Gu Shen.

Fortunately, she was quick-witted and thought of a perfect reason for herself. Moreover, Gu Shen's reaction exceeded her expectations. He did not mind her change and liked her more.