[53] : She's happy, gorgeous.

"Waffles and cigarettes.
Blood and pastries."

▫️▫️▫️▫️

Kent's POV

The sense of waking up from sleep in the early morning hits me before I get the chance to fully peel my eye lids apart. I switch my place and snuggle deeper into the soft pillow and sheets, containing a smile that tightly spreads my lips upwards. A cool wash of serenity flows over my skin with the warm bright rays of sunlight sipping through narrow curtain slits.

It's quiet. Awfully quiet. I push my hands under the pillow and curl them below my head. A sense of conscience of knocks my head, and my hands free themselves to check around the bed. The white sheets around me are soft and cold. Too cold. I frown, knowing well that someone is supposed to occupy that space next to me and pry my eyes open. Sure enough, the bed is utterly empty, except for me.

Panic rattles within me and I take a quick search around the room, hoping she hadn't disappeared within the night and left me behind.

I catch her outside on the balcony, staring gracefully outside and leaning against the rails. My breathing slows in relief and I flop back down on the bed, running a hand through my hair thrice. She's dressed in an oversized button up shirt that ends just below her ass. I study her body posture, her long straight legs, the silky flow of her long black hair, and the way she tilts back her head to sip from the glass in her hand. She raised her hands over her head as she yawns, stretching and pulling the shirt up to give me a quick flash of a full naked ass.

"You're up." She simply points up.

I raise myself from the bed and sit against the headboard. I can't respond, the feeling that this was all real weighs down on my tongue. The idea of her, being with me, taking my virginity, it slaps my face with so much force I surprise myself by staying up for so long.

She's still here. Last night wasn't a dream.

I pause, resisting the blush that crawls on my face with the dark memories of last night, but my fight is all in vain. The heat on my cheeks could be told from over a mile away. Ivy decides to turn and stare at me from over her shoulder because of my lack of response. And I know she can see the red on my face when she tilts her head and quirks an amused smile that makes me feel odd and fuzzy inside.

There's this new soft delicate feel that settles between us. It's light, free, fresh. It fell upon us like a tag, branding us both together, twinning the very core of our hearts and souls. I greedily gulp in a sip of it, hoping I can have more.

"What's that smile for?" Her brow raises, and she spins to looks at me fully, leaning on the rails with her back instead. "Aren't you going to at least say something, Carter?"

I bite my lip and hold her sweet mocking gaze. The aroma of last night remains in the air, tantalizing the both of us. Bringing back the moans from last night, the pleasure of skin on skin and taste of each other on our tongues. I inhale and exhale to control myself, then beckon her with my hand.

"Come."

She reluctantly stares for awhile, then places the wine glass on the rails and curiously steps back into the room. Her long slender fingers slip into mine and I gently tug her body so she climbs on my laps and sits herself where she belongs. That softness between us buzzes even more from our proximity to each other and the feel of our skin touching. I bury my face in the crook of her neck and drink in her scent. The morning blast of yellow light spills into the room, warm, welcoming.

Ivy acclaim neck, coiling her hands softly around it, I blink my eyes open and find my face tangled in the nest of her hair. The thin threads tickle my eye lashes, but I'm unable to bother moving. She made me feel insanely drugged, my veins go weak with her touch and her lips spark a dark intensity in me I never knew existed. I peck her porcelain skin and mumble against the smoothness.