It was too sweet, but he still drank quite a bit.

Sure enough, when he looked up again, he saw Yan Xi pouting, looking angry but not daring to say anything.

"What's wrong?" Gu Shen asked deliberately.

"You drank too much." Yan Xi snorted and hugged the remaining milk tea.

After drinking the milk tea, Yan Xi's mood improved. She sat on the bench, peeled a chestnut, and brought it to Gu Shen's mouth.

"Try it. It's especially delicious. The uncle selling chestnuts is very nice."

Gu Shen's tone was a little calm. "Everyone will be nice to you when they see the smile on your face."

"Then I'll smile at you every day, but I don't see you being nice to me."

Gu Shen choked. He was about to give the Gu Corporation to her, but she still felt that he wasn't being nice.

But I can't talk about that yet, thought Gu Shen.

"You think you can buy me off with a smile?"

A question mark appeared on Yan Xi's face. She snatched the chestnut over. "I'm not giving you any of these!"

Chapter 173: Sulking

Yan Xi was more sulky than before. She did not say a word to Gu Shen until night fell.

A gloomy atmosphere enveloped the Jingnan Villa. Even Gu Er sensed that something was wrong and found an excuse to run away early.

Yan Xi was sulking in her room, but Gu Shen did not come to look for her. She thought her phone was broken because she wasn't getting any messages.

"What an unromantic blockhead." Yan Xi punched the pillow angrily and sent a message to Zhou Xu.

"We'll do the previous experiment when we meet tomorrow. I'll see what needs to be improved."

"Understood, Senior."

Yan Xi was about to say something when there was a knock on the door. She sat up and said coldly, "Who is it?"

"It's me, Xiaolan." Xiaolan glanced at the servants gathered by the stairs and braced herself. "Madam, can I come in?"

Yan Xi was a little disappointed, but she still said, "Come in."

"Madam, it's time to apply the ointment tonight. Our hands are clumsy. Please help President Gu apply it." After saying that, she carefully raised her head and glanced at Yan Xi.

"Are you telling me none of you know how to apply ointment?" Yan Xi's expression softened as she asked awkwardly.

"We're clumsy. Madam, please go over and help."

Without asking, Yan Xi knew it was Gu Shen's idea. She quickly got off the bed, took the ointment from Xiaolan's hand, and walked towards Gu Shen's room.

After Yan Xi was gone, Xiaolan quickly ran to the stairs and scolded the onlookers, "Don't push me to do this kind of thing next time."

"We didn't force you. You were chosen by lot."

Xiaolan sighed. "I was scared to death just now. I thought Madam was going to take it out on me."

Xiaoyue retorted, "Madam is not that kind of person."

"Then next time you go."

Xiaoyue laughed awkwardly. "Next time, let's do it by lots again."

*****