"What are you doing?" I asked knowing exactly what her intentions were.

"Just going to say hi." Divya set her wrist free from my grasp and walked away to Jessie's table.

Someone please kill me.

I watched as Divya sat in the same table as Jessie and talked, she turned around on the chair and pointed at me making Jessie's eyes meet mine—her face contorting into one of shock and then into one of clear mischief. She returned her attention to my roommate and nodded and whatever she was telling her.

Divya then stood up and behind following her was Jessie towards our table. I tried to suppress a glare to my friend, I didn't want to seem like a complete bitch.

"Kaden look who's joining us for dinner!" Divya said loudly as she began to take a seat again at our table.

"I'm well aware... hi Jessie." I bit the inside of my cheek, watching as my 'boss' sat at the table and across from me.

"Hey Kaden," unlike myself she greeted me with a smile, was it a genuine one? Probably not, but I didn't care either way.

"Okay so we already ordered but I can call a waiter so you can order as well." Divya told Jessie.

"That would be great." Jessie answered and went to call a waiter to order as well. While she was distracted I managed to kick Divya's leg from under the table, she hissed from pain and flicked me off, I just mumbled a 'fucking bitch' her way in return.

"Jessie, tell me. How did you and Kaden met?" Divya asked.

Why me god?

"We have known each other since we were in kindergarten actually. So we have known each other our whole lives." She explained.

"We were never friends," I reminded the both of them. The waiter finally arriving with our food... all of our food... which I found strange but didn't mind.

"I tried to be your friend." Jessie commented.

"You have very strange methods for that then." I gave her a fake smile before taking a bite of my sweet and sour chicken, her face dropping and her gaze focusing now on her plate. Memories of the party where she kissed Morgan coming back to me.

So much for not wanting to hold a grudge.

"Anyway let's not make things awkward Kaden." Divya gave me a scolding look. "Jessie how is your husband?"

"He's fine, he's been traveling a lot because of work."

"That's why you are having dinner all alone?" I chuckled earning a kick to my knee from my roommate. I hissed in pain and grabbed where she hit it.

Divya cleared her throat, "Ignore her, you know how she is."

"It's okay." Jessie glanced at me and before returning her attention to her food.

I admit I felt a little bit bad for the comment, but it is already said so no point on regret.

Divya and Jessie remained to be the ones to keep the conversation alive throughout the lunch until we finished our food, I only vaguely listening to whatever topic they were discussing. Jessie didn't look at me again, all of her attention was focused on my roommate, but a part of me told me she was just ignoring me for being an ass.

"I gotta go to the bathroom, excuse me." Jessie told mainly to my friend. I watched as she walked away to the bath, I hate that I can't never, so far, stop myself from looking at her go.

I felt a smack to my the back of my head, "You go and apologize."

"Ouch," I rubbed the spot Dyvia hit. "What? For what?"

"For making that asshole comment."

"I'm not apologizing for shit." I scoffed.

"You will, that was uncalled for and don't forget she's practically your boss for the time."

Shit she's right.

I sigh in defeat and stand up from my seat, "I'll be right back."

I walked till I got to the bathroom, it seemed to be empty as I entered, only one stall in use. I leaned against the sink counter and waited for Jessie to get out of it. When I heard the sound of the toilet flush I stood straight and watched her come out of the stall, she saw me waiting but still didn't speak—she just went to the sink besides me and washed her hands.

"Jessie." I said only to be ignored as she dried her hands.

"Jessie." I repeated failing again, when she went to walk past me I stood in her way. "I'm talking to you."

"Is it not mrs. O'Connor anymore?" Her brown eyes met mine.

"I'm— I'm sorry, okay?"

"For what exactly?" Jessie crossed her arms and looked up at me.

"For being an asshole." I tried not to bite me tongue.

"When? Today or any other day? Because you always are one to me."

She's right about that.

"For today... but you are right about that too. But don't expect an apology for that as well." Jessie rolled her eyes and tried to walk past me again, I put my hands on the side of her arms and stopped her. "But for the sake of our shared time when I work at your house, I will tone it down."

She looked at me her expressions soft as she seemed to be trying to read me. "Do you really hate me?" Jessie asked—her voice with a softness in it that I haven't heard from her before.

I was taken aback but didn't hesitate on my answer, "No. I really don't."

"That's good to know." She studied my face until I broke our stare when I noticed my hands still on her arms.

I recoiled from her and cleared my throat, "We should head back, Divya is waiting."

"She is pretty nice." Jessie commented.

"She got you to sit with us and you didn't know her." I moved aside to let her pass.

"All she did had to do was point to you." She said before walking out of the bathroom.

I shook my head before following her out.

A/N - Been a while I know sorry, more to come soon. Meanwhile don't forget to comment and vote! :)