THIRTY FOUR.

HOURS AFTER HELPING CAIUS IN COURT, I lay in the large bathtub in my bathroom, soaking in the lavender scent that flourishes from the fancy soaps I decided to dump into the water

While I showered this morning, I feel as though a bath is deserved.

Before I left, I helped Caius with three more cases, two of which ended with vampires beheaded. The other was just a misjudgment of some sort.

As much as I do enjoy helping out, I grew tired and hungry, so I had to leave. After my bath, I plan on going to bed, given it is nearly one in the morning.

I rest my head back and close my eyes, I slowly breathe in the calming scents and let the warm water pool over my body.

But, just as I begin to feel relaxed, the door to my bedroom is opened and a familiar voice calls my name.

A voice I haven't heard in weeks. I gasp to myself and hurry out of the tub, I throw a silky robe over my exposed body and quickly exit the bathroom.

And there he is, sitting at the end of my bed, looking as lovely as ever.

"Marcus." I say his name with a smile.

He turns his head towards me and smiles, too. "Did I interrupt something?"

"Oh, no, I was just finishing up anyways." I shrug and teeter closer towards him. "So, long time no see, huh?"

"Yes, long time no see." He echoes with a frown. "I need to apologize for my absence, Sienna, it couldn't have been easy on you."

I nod diligently. "It wasn't exactly fun, but I understood why you weren't around. Everybody did."

"How is Aro?" He asks, much to my surprise; even after horrid emotions and memories are brought back, Marcus still wants to know how his brother is feeling, despite the fact that Aro is the one who created his pain.

"I wouldn't know. We talked about a week ago and then... nothing since." I can feel my frown start to show. "He wanted to be left alone, so I haven't bothered him."

After our talk the one night, I visited him the next day like I promised to, but he was worse than how I had left him, he said he wanted to be alone, he seemed desperate, so I respected his wishes. That's all we had really talked about. Needless to say, I'm missing him more and more as the days pass.

Marcus tilts his head to the side, perplexed. "Really? Hm. Maybe we could pay him a visit?"

Now I'm the perplexed one. "Are you sure? I mean—are you ready to see him?"