The Murder of One

Valencia was with Caroline and Elena walking through the woods to meet up with Stefan. They had gotten a vague text from the youngest Salvatore earlier in the morning all but demanding their presence. The twins were telling Caroline about Ric's alter ego and how he killed her dad along with the medical examiner.

"Alaric Saltzman killed my father?" Caroline asked in disbelief.

"I can't expect you to be okay with this. But at least these herbs that Bonnie's giving him, they're healing him and they're keeping the dark side buried," Elena explained.

"Yeah, and that's supposed to make everything okay?" Caroline asked with tears in her eyes.

Valencia took hold of Caroline's arm to stop her from walking. "Of course not, Care. None of it is okay."

Elena agreed, "Via's right. It's horrible and I feel horrible about it, but he's a victim of something supernatural, he didn't ask for this, it just happened to him. Just like Bonnie's mom, I mean, she didn't ask to become a vampire. And neither did Stefan or Tyler."

Caroline sighed, "Or me."

"Or you. None of you asked for this, but who would I be if I just turned my back on any of you?" Elena asked.

Caroline wrapped an arm around Elena's shoulders and her other arm around Valencia's. The three of them started walking again as Caroline said, "Oh, The Gilbert Twins, saviors of the cursed and the damned."

"Hey, Matt," Valencia greeted with a smile when she saw him walking towards them from a different direction.

"Hey, Via," Matt greeted back with a smile of his own. "What's with the cryptic secret meeting text?"

"I don't know. Stefan just said to meet here," Elena answered.

"Where's Bonnie?" Stefan asked from behind the girls.

"Don't do that!" Valencia yelled as she jumped in fright and shock.

Stefan had to hold in his laughter as Valencia glared at him. He smiled and apologized, "Sorry, Via. I forgot how jumpy you are."

"Not all of us have supernatural hearing that lets us hear things from a mile away," Valencia huffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

"How about I buy you some food to make up for scaring you?"Stefan offered.

Valencia's eyes lit up at his offer. "Really? Any kind of food I want?"

"Yes, any kind," Stefan promised with an amused smile. He turned to Caroline and Elena and asked, "So, Bonnie? I texted her too."

"Um, Bonnie's mom bailed on her. Again. So, I think we should leave her out of this one," Caroline said, her eyes darting between Via and Stefan.

"What are we doing here?" Matt asked what everybody wondered.

"We found some more white oak. Long story, wait for the movie," Damon said.

"Hang on. White oak? You have a weapon that can kill Klaus?" Elena asked in shock.

"Nope. We all have a weapon," Stefan revealed and threw down a duffel bag full of white oak stakes. "Klaus has always been one step ahead of us, but now we have the advantage. We're all armed and they are all linked, meaning we only need to kill one of them. We need to seize the best opportunity, which means we need to prepare for every opportunity."

"Scenario number one," Damon said and pulled Elena in between him and Stefan. He told her, "You get to play Klaus."

"Okay," Elena said as she shrugged his hands off her arms.