By The Light Of The Moon

Sleep evaded Valencia all night and after many hours of tossing and turning, trying to get comfortable she gave up. All she could think about was Stefan stuck in the tomb. It was 6 a.m. when she got out of bed and made her way downstairs to make breakfast. The looks on Jeremy's, Elena's, Ric's, and Jenna's faces were priceless when they walked into the kitchen to see Valencia awake and breakfast on the table. Even though it was early and Valencia was exhausted, she couldn't help the laughter that left her at the looks they gave her.

All five of them sat down and ate together like a normal family for the first time in what felt like forever. They all joked and laughed and for an hour the world outside didn't exist. After breakfast and the cleanup, Bonnie came over and was with Elena in her room.

Valencia was getting ready for the day when she heard the two best friends arguing. Jeremy must've heard as well as she heard his voice. Valencia walked out of her room and toward Elena's open door where Jeremy stood.

"We're not arguing about anything," Bonnie told Jeremy. Valencia watched as Bonnie put the moonstone in her bag and exchanged a not-so-subtle glance with Jeremy. "I need a coffee."

The blonde rolled her eyes, she knew about the plan and found it hilarious that Elena would be trapped in the house. She watched as Bonnie walked out of Elena's room, leaving the just siblings.

"What?" Elena asked when she saw the looks she was receiving from her siblings.

"Why are you on some suicide mission?" Jeremy asked. While Stefan, Valencia, Jeremy, and Bonnie were trying to get the moonstone, Elena was offering herself up to Klaus.

"I'm trying to prevent everyone else from getting hurt."

"Oh so, bringing Klaus the moonstone so you can get yourself killed is okay?" Jeremy shook his head and left.

"You do realize that sacrificing yourself won't prevent us from getting hurt, right? If you die, we will all be hurting especially if there's something that can be done so you live," Valencia told her softly.

"Via," Elena sighed.

"Don't 'Via' me. You're my twin, my other half and we're finally getting back to how we used to be. I can't do this without you, I don't want to. So, I'm asking you to fight." With that Valencia walked out the door and down the stairs.

"Where are you going?" Valencia heard Bonnie's voice from the kitchen and knew that Elena took the bait also known as the moonstone. She would be lying if she said it didn't hurt that Elena was still going to give up after she just shared how she felt.

"Um, to see Stefan," Elena replied.

"You're lying."

"No, I'm not," Elena denied.

"Really? Tell your face."

"Are you serious?" Elena asked as Jeremy and Valencia joined the duo.

"She took the moonstone," Jeremy said from further up the stairs. He had just checked Bonnie's bag and the stupid rock wasn't there.

Elena looked between the three of them confused and asked, "How did you...?"

"We tested you," Bonnie started.

"And you failed miserably," Valencia finished.

"Klaus killed Katherine's entire family just because she crossed him. I can't let that happen," Elena justified her actions:

Bonnie stepped aside to let her leave which earned another confused look from Elena. The doppelgänger walked down the stairs and opened the door to leave only to be stopped by an invisible barrier. She turned around and asked, "What did you do?"