Yan Xi drank half a bottle in one gulp and said, "It's alright, a piece of cake."

Retired six years ago from the army, Gu Qi was an investigator now working for Gu Shen. He usually hung out with Gu Liu. Yan Xi felt that she didn't need to bother someone so capable to help her carry a few boxes.

Gu Shen did not say much. He had already made up his mind.

Yan Xi drank half of the water and thought about how to help Zhou Xu get away, so she was a little absent-minded while eating.

"Why are you so absent-minded when you're eating?" Gu Shen asked softly.

He grabbed Yan Xi's chin and helped her wipe the cream off the corner of her mouth with a tissue. "Focus. Is the food not to your taste?" His voice was very gentle. The loving vibe made Zhou Xu quite ill at ease, afraid to speak.

"I'm not hungry anymore." Yan Xi rubbed her stomach. "I feel like my stomach is full of water."

"Have some foie gras."

Yan Xi shook her head. "I already had a lot of it."

Gu Shen cut another small piece of steak and brought it to her mouth, coaxing her to eat it. Then he picked up a bowl of cream soup, blew on it gently a few times, and brought it to Yan Xi's mouth.

"Another mouthful. The treatment this afternoon is very long. You'll be hungry."

After Yan Xi took a sip, Gu Shen fed her a small piece of butter bread.

Before Gu Shen could feed her the mushrooms, Yan Xi said, "I'll do it myself. You need to eat too."

Chapter 155: Leaning Into His Arms

Gu Shen retracted his hand reluctantly. He glanced at Zhou Xu. "I wonder if Doctor Zhou likes the food."

"Yeah, pretty good. Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Gu, for your hospitality," Zhou Xu answered without raising his head.

Gu Shen smiled. "You're welcome."

After the meal, Yan Xi cleared the table. Zhou Xu quickly stood up and helped her.

Gu Shen picked up the plates and wiped the stain on the conference table before saying, "Done."

He raised his head and looked at Yan Xi expectantly, as if waiting for her praise.

Yan Xi turned around and complemented Gu Shen. She looked down and saw the stain on his hand. "Next time, leave it to me." Yan Xi said as she helped him wipe the stain on his hand with a wet towel.

"I don't want you to do this kind of thing." Gu Shen frowned. "Next time, ask Gu Qi to come with us. He can clean it up pretty quickly."

Yan Xi felt uneasy letting a retired soldier do such a small thing like delivering food and wiping the table. She cleared her throat and said, "Talk about this later."

Zhou Xu silently wiped the table and pretended not to hear their conversation. All he wanted now was to put on the invisibility cape and get out of the room quietly.

However, the data problem had not been resolved.

Yan Xi cleaned up the rubbish on the table. From the corner of her eye, she saw that Zhou Xu was still wiping the table awkwardly and slowly, trying to stall for time.

"Hubby, Doctor Zhou has been busy for the entire morning. Let him rest first. That way, he'll be full of energy when he treats you in the afternoon."

Gu Shen did not speak.