2. A new hope

NOTICES AND COPYRIGHT

This is a non-profit, fan-made work. All rights to THE LAST OF US brand belong to Naughty Dog. Anyone can read this work for free. This work is protected by international copyright! If you are interested in publishing the work on your website, telling your story on a youtube channel, podcast or other means, please contact us at escritorkevindealmeida@gmail.com

This work took two years to complete. A lot of time, work, effort, studies and expenses (revision, edition, cover, promotion) were invested so that it could reach you for free. If you liked the work and want to help with its continuity, share the links, comment and engage on social networks and platforms, recommend it to a friend who will enjoy reading it or contact me The work aims to entertain, amuse and bring lovers of THE LAST OF US closer together.

This is a work of fiction. The facts narrated here are products of imagination. Any resemblance to names, people, places, facts and everyday situations should be considered mere coincidence I appreciate everyone's understanding and respect and wish you an excellent reading.

Writing this work inspired me to change continents and follow my dream as a game writer. I appreciate everyone's support.

__________///-------///__________

A new hope

"5... 6... Let's go! Don't stop! 7..."

"No... I can't!"

"Of course, you can! 8..."

"Abby...." He whimpered.

"GO, LEV! STRIKE IT! 9... THE LAST ONE! GO! 10! VERY GOOD, BOY!"

"Humph...huf..." He took a breathless breath. "That was a lot of weight for me."

"Don't be a chicken! At your age, I lifted 85kg on the bench press."

"What?!" he replied in surprise.

"The secret is not to skip a day of training."

"May the Prophet protect me from your training..."

"Even she won't be able to save you from this." She ruffled Lev's hair with her hands. "By the way, isn't this All-Star uncomfortable to train?"

"Not even a little. I thought it was better than that 'big bout' Stiven gave me."

"Abby!" A man opened the door to the gym where they were. "He arrived!"

"Okay, we're almost done!"

"Do we still have more training?" asked Lev dejectedly. "I thought it was the last one."

"And it was. But civilized people usually take a shower after training, you little pig."

"We also took baths. We just didn't find it necessary to do it every day."

"If I took a mug bath like you, I wouldn't do it either."

"It is true." He chuckled. "I love those gravediggers of yours."

"Showers, Lev! My Gosh! Now go, put the weights in place and clean your equipment, the doctor is waiting for us."

"Why are you so looking forward to see this doctor? Is he not a healer like others?"

"He's not a healer, Lev."

"And what's the difference?"

"Doctors use more science and less magic."

"It wasn't magic! It was nature's cure."

"Uh..." Abby rolled her eyes.

"All I don't know, you respond with that science thing," he muttered.