The Kings Lover (Female)

"Mmmmmh." Your hand stroked through his hair and around his horns. "Feeling better now?"

He was laying with his back to your chest. Stretching out like some kind of damn cat and reveling in every scrap of attention he was receiving.

"I feel perfectly well." He was practically a puddle in the curve of your body. "I am a little stiff though."

You hummed and started detangling yourself from him.

"That was not an invitation to move."

"We should though, before we get too settled."

You stood smoothly from your place behind him and let his limp body thud back onto the sheets.

"Well, are you going to come with me?" you offered a hand.

He smiled at you lazily from the bed.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world."

You pulled him up and darted toward the open balcony, out of reach of his grasping hands.

"You fancy a swim, Everett?" His name felt like honey to say, sweet as plum wine off of your lips.

"If it's with you, of course." He followed after you, stalking like a predator. "Especially if you stay like that."

He gestured toward your very naked body, and you gave an extra preen at how obviously he was enjoying the view.

You didn't often think about it, but you were certainly not ugly.

"Do I tempt you like this?"

His eyes were a starving green, like the first depth of new growth in spring.

"You could not begin to imagine." His voice came out raw and flayed, obsessively desperate.

"I can."

He straightened to his full height and watched you in awe as you flashed him your sharp teeth, took two steps back, and then dropped off of the edge of the balcony.

He was after you before you hit the ground, body slightly elongated in his transformation. He was taller in his true form, broader too, but somehow still graceful and sure footed.

He was good, but you weren't an old dog for nothing, and when you reached the persephone vines you vanished.

He grinned at the chase, darting through the maze, following the traces of your magic as you led him deeper into the vines, farther toward your goal of the fountain.

"Behind you." You slipped from your spot tailing him a breath behind as he whirled to face you, arms passing through where you had stood a moment ago.

You ducked beneath his arms and stepped back into the embrace of the greenery itself, letting the vines envelop you out of his sight again.

It went unspoken that there was no magic allowed in the chase, otherwise he certainly would have won, and where was the fun in certainty?

You burst into the clearing hidden in the vines, the cold strands brushing your feet as you ran to the lip of the basin and turned to face him.

He came at you without breaking stride, and it was this that was his downfall.

He lunged, you ducked.

Splash!

"You always did have a poor grasp of your surroundings." You smirked above him, looking down into the warm, dark water.

He tread on the surface without much trouble at all, a suspicious twinkle in his eyes.

"And you always gave me too much time to recover."