"Kiiira." I call slowly.

"Weeeell" Her high pitched voice starts.

I sham a gasp. "How could you hide this from me? I'm so killing you when we get out of here."

She motions for me to continue putting in the combination. "It's nothing serious. Really. Just two people having sex."

"Still being safe?" I ask carefully, knowing this is a sensitive topic for her.

"You know it." With the finality in her voice, I know that's the end of that conversation. "Is it done?" She solidifies my thought. She never wants to talk about her issues while I'm somewhat open. For Kira to tell you her troubles, you have to push hard. But truly that's what makes us different, ergo compatible.

The combination proves to be correct when I manage to crack the safe open. I draw my hand to feel inside. Of course I try to keep my expectations low. Roach wouldn't be dumb to leave the phone here. Except when I feel the rectangular object in my palm I realize he's a lot dumber than I thought.

For a minute I think it's been easy and anytime now Roach will emerge from the door and scream "Psyche." or Seaman will realize he's been duped and come after us. I'm quick to push to my feet when none of that happens.

"Now let's get out of here." Kira urges hurriedly.

We dash out of the room. I undo everything I did to the cameras and soon enough we're out. Only then do I breathe freely.

"I have to run now." I tell Kira." Have a goodnight fuck. I'll call you once I'm back at the apartment and please for the sake of my lack of holy water don't pick up if he's still inside you- whoever he or she is." I warn.

"I'll try not to." She winks. "Take care."

The five minutes back to Seaman's feel like an eternity because of the incessant thoughts of him being awake and busting me. But contrary to my thoughts, he's still out like a light and the proof of that is his loud snoring that can be heard throughout the whole house.

How he ended up in the police department is still a mystery to me.

I swiftly put the keys back in his pockets and leave a small not for him on the nightstand. Better to not have him suspect anything in the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Renowned model Darelle and social media influencer Madison were getting all cozy during his show last night. An inside source tells us wedding bells are soon to ring. Even after their failed engagement months back that sparked so many reactions, the couple hasn't given up as it's clearly portrayed in the photos. Ladies if you thought you had a chance with Darelle then it's not your lucky day.

A sick feeling in my stomach intensifies as I read and reread the article. Why? I have no idea. Jealousy. No that can't be it. It's not like we're dating or anything. Perhaps it's just jealousy of what they have and not of Madison. That must be it, right?

Just above the article, there's a picture of Darelle and Madison snuggled up in what seems to be a dressing room couch. I can't see Darelle's face clearly as he's facing Madison and the picture looks like it was taken from a side profile but I'm no ignorant to his jaded demeanor.

The world may be fooled by Madison's wide smile and Darelle's somewhat turned up lips, but not me. He masks his actual feelings pretty well but when you work in a police station, you tend to pick a lot from interrogations. Impassiveness? Sounds like something I see every day.

What I didn't know though is their failed engagement. My social media life sucks ass. Tell that to my three hundred Instagram followers. Maybe I could arrange like a little get together with them for being so loyal in spite of my lack of activeness or neglect thereof.