Chapter Three; Night Swimming

Depuis le début

"I'm not going to be some replacement for Kai," I spat, shaking my head. I started to close the window but was once again stopped.

"Those were never my intentions. Do you really think I'd be so desperate?"

I stopped closing the window and paused, weighing my options. It's not like I really have anything better to do. I sucked in a breath. "Give me five minutes."

West threw his hands up in victory and I rolled my eyes, closing the window. I jogged to the closet and quickly threw off my sweats, pulling on some jeans. I slipped on some shoes and dragged a comb through my hair before walking out.

I tip toed, careful not to wake anybody up, and nearly jumped out of my skin as I nearly ran smack into Rose.

Her chocolate brown hair was pulled up into a messy bun atop her head and she wore pink silk pajamas. She carried a carton of cookie dough ice cream and a spoon was stuck in her mouth. Even though she wore a facemask, making her somewhat resemble someone who could be the sister of the Wicked Witch, she was still the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. I quickly put on a smile.

"Hello, Rosie," I beamed sweetly, putting my hands behind my back. "What are you doing awake at this late hour?"

She curled her lip and looked me up and down. She raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing? Are you sneaking out?"

I blinked and waved my hand. "Of course not, love! Do I look like I would ever-,"

"Lying doesn't make your situation any better," She said, shaking her head and dipping the spoon into the ice cream once again. Her stormy eyes crackled at me. "Do I look stupid?"

I chewed my lip and didn't say anything, causing her to huff in annoyance. She waved a hand.

"Look, I'm not going to get into this. It's your business and if you want to sneak out and get in trouble then be my guest," She said, pushing past me to her room. She glanced back with her hand on the door. "But don't bring me down with you. I never saw you tonight." She paused then pointed to me with her spoon. "And you never saw this ice cream."

She shut the door on me and I finally released the breath I didn't realize that I had been holding. I couldn't help but smile.

What a woman.

I slid down the stairs and quietly opened the door, slinking outside. I shut it and carefully tucked my keys into my pocket.

"West!" I hissed, almost jumping out of my skin when he practically in front of me. Before I could let out a scream, however, he quickly reached up, covering my mouth with his hand. I blinked as suddenly we were chest to chest and I realized... the background character is much more... sturdy than I imagined. I narrowed my eyes and shoved him away from me, resisting the urge to bite his hand. He gave me a lopsided grin.

"I think that's the first time you've ever said my name. I was starting to believe you didn't know it."

I flushed but quickly covered it with a scowl. I looked at him up and down, trying to make him out in the dark. He wore a light purple tee shirt and a baseball cap, hiding away his inky hair. Those eyes that couldn't seem to decide what color they were gleamed at me in the dark. "Don't get used to it. It won't happen again."

"Shit, you can never remember my name again, I'm more excited at the fact that I actually got you to come out with me."

"That's not going to happen again, either. So enjoy it while it lasts," I spat, rolling my eyes. I started to follow him as he began to walk, jamming my hands into my pockets. I eyed him from the corner of my eye. "And I have a cell phone, you know. You don't have to get my attention Romeo and Juliet style."