MIDNIGHT LOVE

MIDNIGHT LOVE

On a late rainy night, a woman stood on a bridge, crying about her breakup and deciding to consume poison. She passed out and a stranger joined her in the hospital. She wakes up to a phone call from her parents, who tell her that they have given up on her. Also, her friend pays her a visit and yells at her for her behaviour. After some time, the woman is finally able to relax. She had no idea what was happening to her or why anyone would save her. She sobs in agony. She thought it was better to be dead.

She couldn't sleep at night. She hears a whispering sound from her fellow patient. And she sees a man covering himself with a blanket, whispering that he knows her and that he has a crush on her. The woman assumed he was teasing her and responded by asking to speak with her after uncovering the blanket. He removes the blanket. She looks at his face and says she had no idea he existed. "Yeah, I know that's because I'm scared of you... sorry, I mean.. god.... wait, I'm going to tell you something... I have a crush on you. Whether you believe it or not ", he tells her. She then reacts "what? Okay, let me clarify: when was the first time you saw me?"

He started describing his first view of her. "But I've known you since butterflies began to fly in my heart. On Freshers' Day, I still recall watching a clip of you wearing a saree. That day, you looked stunning. I tried to be one of your friends, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Even though I'm from a different section, I used to wander around in front of your class, waiting for that one moment. It's an introvert thing. You were always surrounded by boys, and when I saw you with a random guy, I began to dislike him. After a few days, I discovered he was your brother."

"Wait, You said you were an introvert, so how come you're talking to me right now?" she asked in the interim. With a smile, he tells her that he is in his final days on Earth, and the moment he is looking forward to is today. She inquires about his parents, to which he responds that he does not have any. She felt sorry for him and asked that the story be continued. "There is no longer any continuity," he admits, slightly bemused. "When your brother found out about me, he warned me sternly, and I stopped thinking about you for a month because of that fear." She burst out laughing when he mentioned being afraid of his brother, and she apologises and wishes to continue the story. He was down and told her he wouldn't say anything today and that she'd have to wait until tomorrow for part two. "But the story is just about to begin; anyway, the story appears boring," she responds. Both of them say good night to each other.

The next day, she introduced him to her friend, and they spent the entire day cracking jokes and talking. Her friend leaves the hospital late at night to complete some office work. After dinner, she inquires about the release of Part 2. He responds to her question enthusiastically, stating that the story only runs when the lights go out. After a while, the lights went out, and he continued his story while holding a candle: "After 1 month, it's time for Dussehra, where Ram kills Raavan and people kill the fear inside them".

"Would you mind just continuing with your story instead of saying all these nonsense Google quotes?" She inquires. He responds in an amusing manner: "Actually, that quote is similar to our story; I didn't steal it; I was simply inspired. Returning to our story, I'm not sure if it was a coincidence, but I saw you that day, the fireworks all around in the sky, and you were in the Centre, glowing brighter than the fireworks. I left my fear behind, along with the fireworks, and began following you ".

"So you've been following me all this time?" she doubted.

"I am an introvert, so I just followed you on Instagram, which was private; despite my best efforts, I received no response from you," he clarifies. Then she suggests to him that if he is brave enough to propose to her, she might consider it. He takes a flower and proposes to her in the hospital without hesitation. She got surprised, didn't understand what to say, and tried to sleep facing the opposite side. After a few minutes, she calls him and whispers, "If your story was good, then I will answer your question. I thought the story would be like a Titanic, but in fact, the story was like the iceberg on which the Titanic got hit" and she sleeps. He also sleeps happily, thinking that the story has just begun.