first day at school.

Abyssinia POV

After Ben left,I didn't sleep,even if Ben told me that he will accompany me to school.i even pull the pillow over my head,but I couldn't fall sleep.i told my self it will never be like last year but I couldn't.still the same.

Don't worry it will never be like last year.

New house,new school,new faces would be good for you abyssinia.i told my self.

I felt the little heat of morning sun when I woke upthe next morning,the thought of new school in Chicago is making me sick.

"Abbi!wake up, it's getting late!"I hear mom yell from downstairs,I struggle to make my self sit up and sigh as I pull my phone out underneath my pillow.

I looked at my phone to check the time.

What!?

7:30????

SERIOUSLY??

in the first day of my school I'm gonna be late,great abyssinia,great!

After what feels like a second I amazingly found my self in front of a big building which has a small sign over the door reading 'front office' I took a deep breath before opening the door.

Inside,it was bright and warm.the office was big, their is a big clock ticking and too many awards cluttering the wall.and it smells like fresh orange.

Emm.. yummy.

"Can I help you?"a tin blonde haired woman asked,she was wearing a white blouse which makes me look dim and....depressed comparing it with my black over sized T shirt.

The second reason we are here is because I got a free scholarship.but hell ! It's hard to communicate.i should be used to this I shouldn't mind my inability to speak after eleven years of losing my voice,but it always felt new and uncomfortable.I press my lips in to a tin line not knowing what to do.

"Wait a sec!" the blond haired woman locked at me and I saw the immediate awareness light her eyes."wait,you are the girl right? who got the free scholar?abissinia?"I nod ignoring the fact that she pronounced my name wrongly.

"Of course"she chuckled like I'm some kind of celebrity she was waiting for.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Christina"I smile and nod.she spin her chair towards the shelf and dig through a stacked pile of documents till she found the one she was burrowing for.

"I have your schedule right here,your locker number,map of the school and you can text me with this number if you need help"she brought the sheets to counter to show me.

She highlights the best out to each on the map and gave me a slip to have each teacher sign which I have to bring back at the end of the day.

"Good luck, abissinia"she smiled warmly at me.i smiled back as convincing as I could and left.

Sorry but your luck is a waste.

I'll come back here for detention.

When I went back to the parking lot,I don't remember anything that she tried to memorize me,but anyways I kept on walking on the side walk that I assume would lead to the main building of the school. The school is huge,I was told it was the most popular school in the city,but I wasn't expecting it would be such a big school.

It feels weird,I think it's may be because it is my first day here but it actually felt weird in Texas highschool too.i barley finished the first semester their.ugh!I don't want to remember anything about the time when I was in Texas highschool.

Why it feels weird everywhere?

Where the hell is Bernard Andrew??
I was hoping he would show up and help me get to know the school.he promised yesterday.