Chapter 18: Cruel Love

Start from the beginning

When he stops to unlock the doors, they are opening and the sights make my heart drop down.

The dark green shade of the walls hits my eyes as I try to take it in, along with the long and wide french bed, tucked in just perfectly just as the rest of the room feels clean. He is pushing me inside when I look around, spotting the same table next to two bookshelves buried into the wall from each side of the entrance.

I swallow down the sigh from a clear replica of mine and his room.

He lets go of my neck, pulling away towards the drawer at the side as I stand in the middle of the room.

The second time he is close, I flinch when I feel him grasp my wrists. I try to move away, escape it but as soon as he lets go of me, it only pulls his own arm with me.

"What the hell?"

He steps closer, and this time it's pointless to try and run away when he asks, again. "Who did you call Winter?"

I swallow down, but this time a lie doesn't leave my lips, yet neither will the truth. There is no time for any of that, only the space for panic as I cannot get away from him.

"Are you gonna keep me on a leash from now on." I try to sound pull his thoughts away, switching the subject as I try to sound demanding but the worry is evident.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because you can't be kept in your line." he replies. "So I will keep you in my line."

I grimace, looking away. "For how long?"

He looks up, pretending to think but I know he has already decided on it. When he drops his eyes back down, all he says is. "We will see."

We will see?

He pulls me towards the table and I almost trip into following before he sits down, leaving me one chair from the other side of the table to sit down as he grabs some papers to read.

I try to see what he is reading, but he keeps them in a good angle to make it impossible for me to see. Once or twice he spoke on the phone, but nothing seemed to stand out because all the important conversation he kept over text message.

I have the time to think, and it all makes sense. He knew I figured out about the cameras and the timing, which meant he either sat down all these days behind surveillance or had someone else do it, which is how he knew I took the phone.

That was a stupid mistake.

Hours passed, night already fallen down as I could only look around and drink in the familiarity of the room. I wish I could slap the memory from my eyes anytime when it came, but instead the full display was there, unstopping.

I hate this room.

"I need to use the bathroom." I turn to Landon, spotting him writing something. I don't have a chance to look long enough, but I spot the logo of a standing lion and some sort of hybrid horse on the other side.

He shuts the file down and looks at me.

I lock my eyes immediately, looking as innocent as ever as I try to think why the hell is he signing papers for MI6.

"Alright." He says, standing up and pulling me with him.

He doesn't leave the room, only enters the bathroom connected to the room and leans on the door. It's enough to know that he won't ever leave me from his sight again.

I get over the uncomfortable feeling as I finish what I came here for. I feel weight on my body as I turn to sink, washing my hands and face trying to scrub down everything from there.