Chapter 14

Jimin chuckled as he heard this, "I only send my bodyguards away when you are there."

"..."

"So even if I get caught in such a dangerous situation again, I'll know that you'll be there to save me."

For the first time in his life, Jungkook felt his heart skip a beat as he looked into Jimin's sincere eyes.

Only after having said it did Jimin feel embarrassed by his words. 

Jungkook immediately looked away and cleared his throat as he spoke, "In any case, you still need to be trained. If you plan on following me all the time, you would need to learn at least basic self-defense." 

Jimin didn't argue back this time and pursed his lips together as he simply nodded his head and obediently agreed. 

Jungkook, "Let's start with the basic stance again." 

Jimin nodded his head and straightened his back as he enthusiastically followed Jungkook's instructions. 

Jungkook moved towards Jimin and corrected his posture by standing behind him and guiding him with his entire body. 

Jimin's cheeks were burning red and the redness had even managed to reach his ears. To not notice his flustered expression was impossible, however, although Jungkook had noticed it, he tried his best to ignore it. He felt as if he could not react to it 'cause if he reacted, the situation would suddenly become awkward and they would no longer be able to continue with their practice. 

Jungkook gulped as he stepped back, giving Jimin some space as he spoke, "That's it. That is the basic stance of a boxer. Hold it for a few minutes and learn how it feels so that you can recall it even without my help." 

Jimin cleared his throat and nodded his head as he heard this. His heartbeat was so loud that he could barely hear what Jungkook had just said. His mind was focused on Jungkook's hot breath that tickled his nape. He felt as if he were intoxicated. He was so happy that he could die like this and still be satisfied. 

For the next hour, Jungkook acted as Jimin's professional trainer and taught him the basics of boxing and self-defense. Jimin, on the other hand, was fully enjoying the attention that Jungkook gave him and utilized the time to stare at Jungkook as much as his heart desired. 

By the end of the session, both were satisfied, but for entirely different reasons. 

"From tomorrow onwards, I'll be starting your endurance and strength training." 

"Hmm," Jimin nodded his head and hummed happily. 

"You'll run five miles around the block, do a hundred pushups in sets of two, a hundred sit-ups in sets of three, a hundred jumping jacks, and a few extra exercises that I'll teach you." 

Jimin's smile slowly faded away as he heard this and he straightforwardly spoke, "I'll be dead by the end." 

"Don't worry, you won't die," Jungkook reassured. 

"..." 

Jimin pursed his lips and looked back at the man with an expression that clearly conveyed his thoughts: He was surely going to die... 

Jungkook's lips ever so slightly curled up into a small smile as he spoke, "See you tomorrow." 

Jimin could neither cry nor laugh as he heard this. 

When Jungkook had left, Jimin stood there by himself and questioned whether he could get the doctor to give him a fake diagnosis and help him get a wheelchair again.