Chapter 5: Obedient Servant

Ranboo strolled down the hallway. He was unsure of this new job, but it paid a fortune and oddly enough he was one of the few who wanted it.

He let out a sigh as he made his tie straighter. His blue servant clothes fit him perfectly despite him being pretty tall.

He was nervous. Sure, he had worked at other noble's houses—that's how he got to where he is—but this is the Imperial family!

And he's going to become a personal servant for the youngest prince!

Whispers filled the hallway as Ranboo got closer and closer to Prince Thomas's room.

"Is he the next victim?" Ranboo heard one of the maids whisper.

"Not sure why somebody in their right mind would take that job!" Another snickered.

Was there something that he didn't know? Why were they acting like this? Was it the end of the world? Was the youngest a troublemaker? He had dealt with a few of those before. Thoughts spiraled the servant's mind until he bumped into somebody.

Ranboo looked up to see a fancy guy. He had pink hair and wait- it was Prince Techno. Fuck fuck fuck Ranboo thought.

"Who are you?" Techno said as he glared at the butler.

Ranboo quickly got up and brushed the dirt off his clothing before bowing towards the prince.

"I am Ranboo. The new personal butler for Prince Thomas. It is a pleasure to meet you. Can I help you up?"

"No." Techno said as he got up. "Follow me"

"Huh?"

Techno started to walk away; Ranboo quickly followed.

"So what is it with the maids whispering?" Ranboo asked, but then Techno looked at him and glared. "Okay no talking got-"

"Don't mind the maids. They like to gossip." Techno said, clearly not in the mood to talk about it.

"O-oh."

The rest of the walk consisted of silence other than Ranboo trying to start up a conversation with the pink haired royal.

"U...um, may I ask where we are going?" Ranboo finally found the courage to speak up again.

Techno sighed, "I just want to ask something."

By that tone, it was certainly nothing of the basics, not a welcome—or anything pleasing of that sort.

"Over here," Techno said as they turned a corner.

Ranboo realized they were heading to a more isolated section for the amount of servants around slowly began to decrease.

That's when they stopped right outside a fancy looking door.

Uh oh, Ranboo thought, am I gonna die right now? Is this what the servants meant by victim?

Techno sigh as he began to speak, "Listen, this is not an easy task, okay? We don't take mistakes lightly here."

Ranboo nodded and spoke softly, looking down to the floor, "Understood... I shall not let you down..."

"I hope you won't be incompetent like other servants."

Ranboo quickly looked up to the oldest prince. "Well, what did they do?"

The atmosphere slowly thickened as Techno spoke again. "Let's just say they overstepped their boundaries. There's a fine line that cannot be crossed."

Ranboo's breath hitched at this response, "W-well where is young master Thomas?" Ranboo stuttered, trying to change the subject.

Techno put his hand on Ranboo's shoulder, sending a million chills up the young servant's spine.

"That's not important. All you need to do is fulfill his requests... without of course overstepping the lines."

Ranboo quickly nodded, "Um... could you point me in the direction of the young master's room?"

The eldest prince pointed to the floor where they're standing, "We are already here. Don't disappoint, you comprehend?"

"Understoo-" Before the young servant could finish, the prince left, leaving Ranboo alone to stand for his new master.

Ranboo let out a hitched sigh, it felt like his entire body shook with fear. Sweat dripped down his forehead. He had the urge to throw up.

He could only think one thing, "What the hell did I get myself into...?"

On the other hand, Tommy was hearing commotion outside his door, he knew he wasn't supposed to snoop around, but he hadn't heard that much commotion outside his door in ages. The maids always avoided his door. They didn't like them that much. Tommy though was surprised to see a young servant outside his door when he cracked it open a smidge to peek.

The servant flinched at the noise of the door creaking open. It almost seemed as if he saw a ghost just a second ago.

The servant was quick to recognize young master Thomas. He bowed, "Y-your highness..."

Tommy hesitated, "...You may rise."

The tall servant did so, very carefully and slowly. After the terrifying talk with the eldest, Ranboo didn't know what to believe or even think for that matter.

"Who are you?" Tommy asked.

Ranboo spaced out, taking a moment to snap back into reality. "Huh? I mean—excuse me?"

"...I asked who you are."

"Oh...o-oh! My name is Ranboo—and I am your personal servant!"

Tommy blinked rapidly with disbelief, "...They actually went and did it..."

"Huh—?" Ranboo quickly shut himself up. By the sounding of it, the youngest prince would fire a lot of personal servants.

I need to be careful, Ranboo thought.

"I'm... here to assist you. Please don't hesitate to ask once you need something."

Tommy nodded his head, still thinking. "Yes... thank you."

"Of course, your highness."

Tommy finally looked at him, even though it was just a glance. "Do you mind leaving my room for the moment? I want to be alone."

Ranboo bowed as he went to the door, thankful he could get out of the room—let alone that area.

With sigh, he started walking back to the more populated area with servants. He sighed as he went into his new room. More felt like a prison with his experiences today.

Ranboo then thought of something as he quickly scrambled as he searched through his small satchel. A notebook. Has nice brown leather on the covers. Ranboo was going to use it to write his schedules and Tommy's favorite things, but maybe it can be used for more than that.

Ranboo flipped through a few pages in his book and quickly grabbed some ink and a quill. He started jotting down notes about this weird palace and obsessions. He jotted down the threats of the eldest and the odd behavior from the youngest.

Something wasn't right about this place. Ranboo just wasn't sure what.

Word Count: 1305