It was a difficult topic to talk about, because most of Lin Miao’s days were spent in the team, or in her school.

It was pretty normal for little kids to be intimate, but what would other people think now that they’re teenagers, and especially after the Young Master gets a girlfriend? How would they explain the hugging and pulling between Lin Miao and the Young Master? If it spreads online, the one who suffers the most would undoubtedly be Lin Miao.

Even though one shouldn’t live only for reputation, reality says otherwise.

Lin Miao’s mother sighed in her mind. She trusted the Young Master, since she had watched him grow up as well, but he wasn’t related to Lin Miao, so there had to be a limit to their intimacy.

Everyone needed to grow up eventually.

She wanted to tell this to Lin Miao long ago, but she always thought Lin Miao was still young, so it was delayable.

But now, any more would be too late.

Lin Miao’s mother told all of this to Lin Miao in a serious manner. Looking at her still naive eyes, she added, “Don’t worry, Shuishui, you’ll find someone closer to you in the future.”

“But that won’t be Gege,” Lin Miao didn’t understand why she couldn’t be so close with the Young Master anymore.

“Mommy isn’t saying that you can’t contact Gege anymore. Mommy is saying that you’re a big girl, so you can’t hold hands and hug Gege, okay? This also applies to other boys, you can’t act so intimate, especially when they have girlfriends. Mommy knows that your intentions are simple, but others may not think the same.” She thought that they would naturally distance themselves as they grew up and learned about romantic relationships more.

But they didn’t. The two were as chummy as ever.

Lin Miao felt a bit uncomfortable. She asked her mother quietly, “I won’t be like this to other boys, can I just stay like this with Gege?”

Lin Miao’s mother hugged her, “Behave well, Shuishui.”

Lin Miao responded with an “Oh.”

Since today was the mid-autumn festival, Lin Miao’s mother cooked a tableful of dishes for lunch, overwhelming Lin Miao.

After lunch, she returned to her room to read with Little Ling.

Seeing her sad face, Little Ling asked, “What’s wrong, Shuishui?”

Lin Miao sighed, lying on her table, “Very complicated things.”

Suddenly, her phone rang.

Lin Miao pulled it towards her, seeing a notification for a message from the Young Master: “Happy mid-autumn festival Shuishui!”

They had already met this morning.

Lin Miao replied: “You too Gege!”

Energy suddenly surged through Lin Miao. She realized that her mother only said that she wasn’t allowed to hug and hold hands with the Young Master in the future, but not today!

Picking up her phone, she quickly typed another message to the Young Master: “Gege, are you free this afternoon? Let’s go out together to play!”

He soon replied: “Yeah, what do you want to do?”

“Anything, as long as I get to see Gege!” Lin Miao responded instantly.

The teenager on the other side’s ears reddened upon seeing the message. He then moved to tell his parents and left right away!

Lin Miao changed into another dress, and then told her mother outside her room, “Mommy, I have something to do outside.”

Then, she lowered her head, her face red, adding on, “Little sister Jing asked me to play badminton with her.”

Lin Miao’s mother looked at her daughter in a dress: “…”

Before she could comment, Lin Miao herself couldn’t hold it back anymore, “Mommy, I lied. I want to go out to play with Gege. You said in the future, which excludes today.”

Looking back at her mother, Lin Miao continued, “Mommy, I want to say goodbye to my childish self.”

Lin Miao’s mother sighed, “Come.”

Lin Miao trotted beside her mother.

Her mother gently stroked her hair. “Remember what mommy said, and return earlier this time.”

Lin Miao hugged her mother tightly, “Of course! I’ll be a big girl starting tomorrow!”

Lin Miao’s mother: “...”

She always felt that her daughter was slower to others her age.

She’s had this feeling since Lin Miao was little.

At fourteen, she herself had already begun planning out her life.

Reflecting upon this now, she could almost be described as devious. She had already understood how to make her loved one empathize with her hardships then.

She didn’t hide a single bit of her difficulties in a family biased towards boys, and she vented it all on her childhood crush.

How can pure and decent men possibly come out of that place, under that sort of influence?

Now, Lin Miao was fifteen, but acted more like an undeveloped little girl.

But she was her child, so she could only hope that Lin Miao would change when she understands this in the next few years.

Looking at the back of her daughter, who enthusiastically left the apartment, she felt the situation wasn’t looking very good.

.....