Chapter 46

Chapter 46: No Marriage

It was New Year's Eve, so there were many visitors at the Yu family. It was one of the most important holidays, and many invited the Young Master outside.

However, he didn't like the hustle and bustle of the adults. He didn't want to converse with unfamiliar people.

He sat alone with the three dogs on the balcony, peacefully reading a book. The dogs lied quietly by his side. Dahuang was aging and had become a lot less playful and energetic.

A few moments later, the Young Master lifted his head to face the night sky. Shuishui had departed at six in the morning for her hometown, so she should have arrived by now.

What is she doing there, is it cold in the mountains?

The Young Master knew that Lin Miao had a special connection with her birthplace. To outsiders, it might just seem like it was only a place full of hardships.

However, it was the complete opposite in Lin Miao's heart. In her memory, everything in the village was great. She had friends, there were mushrooms and dry firewood everywhere, and it was filled with joy.

The Young Master took back his gaze and fell into contemplation.

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a ring from his phone.

One of his roommates had shared his phone number without his permission, so he received many blessings and messages this year.

He thought that this was just one of those messages.

To his surprise, when he lifted his phone and saw the notification banner, it was from Lin Miao. It had the words "I like Gege."

The Young Master froze, feeling that his heart had just skipped half a beat. He was strangely confused even though he could read those words.

He soon collected himself and opened the message.

"Happy New Year, Gege! I like you so so so much! I hope we never separate from each other in the future!"

The Young Master felt dry in his mouth. Having known her for a long time, he realized that she must have encountered something.

"Yes, let's never seperate." The Young Master replied.

He quickly followed up with another message: "Shuishui, is there something wrong?"

Lin Miao soon replied: "Gege, all my friends are getting married, I don't feel so well..."

This young?

The Young Master was bewildered, but he continued to comfort her, "Gege will always be with you."

"Shuishui, can you take calls right now?"

"Yes, I'm on the roof alone."

Seeing the message, the Young Master quickly dialed in Lin Miao's number.

Lin Miao's voice soon came from the phone, "Gege."

Mhm. Of course he preferred to reach out to Lin Miao.

Not the other way around.

"It's cold on the roof, Shuishui, go back to your room."

"No, it's not." Lin Miao said. Little Mei had left something on the roof to shield against the wind.

Thinking about Little Mei, she couldn't help but feel a bit sad. "Gege, why can't people stay the same when they grow up?"

Tan Jing had mentioned it before. When her older brother grows old enough and marries, she won't always be with him like she is now.