8-2a - Accepting Ichika's Offer

DECISION 2: Will you go to the café with her?

CHOICE a - YES

(Y/N) shrugged. "Why not. Offeror pays, though."

Ichika smiled as she entered after him. "I don't mind."

The two placed their order – (Y/N), an iced coffee; Ichika, a frappuccino – and sat down at a table. They sat in silence thinking about their own things.

(Y/N)-kun is so sweet. Sometimes I wonder how he's still single.

Actually, speaking of that... Do I... have a crush on him? *scoff*, no, of course I don't. I did, back last year...

...But do I now? Do I actually?

...

...Maybe, maybe... Well, I'll put it this way: If he confessed to me, I'd definitely accept.

Ichika is so nice. It's so kind of her to offer me a coffee.

Coffee you think of it, it's kinda crazy how she's still single, especially being as pretty as she is and, on top of that, being a semi-famous actress.

Naturally, (Y/N) started thinking about changing her relationship status. Would she even like me, though? And she might still like Fuutarou. I'd rather not take the risk.

That being said... If she confessed to me, I'd probably accept it.

Thus, without even knowing, they both admitted their true feelings for each other. They must've felt something, though, as they looked at each other at the same time. They laughed at the timing.

"Order four-two-zero? One frappuccino and one iced coffee?"

(Y/N) got up to get the drinks. Ichika followed him with her eyes. He came back and gave Ichika her drink.

They drank about half their drinks before (Y/N) broke the silence.

"You're being awfully quiet, Ichika."

"Yeah, I'm just... thinking..."

"Thinking about...?"

She put her frappuccino down. "Remember that flower I gave you last year?"

"It was earlier this year, but yeah. The pink camellia, right?"

"Yep, that's it."

"What about it?"

"You do know what it means, right?"

"It was, like... longing, right? Or mild love?"

"Yep."

"And...?"

She turned away from him due to nervousness. "Piece it together, (Y/N)-kun."

When (Y/N) realized, he also looked away from her. "O–Oh..."

Ichika turned back to him but still couldn't look him in the eyes. "I've liked you for a while, (Y/N)-kun. I... I don't expect an answer right now, but think about it... please..." She finally looked at him and smiled.

(Y/N) looked back at her and also smiled. "I will. I will, for sure." He gently stroked her cheek, which she then quickly buried in her hand.

He took a long sip of his coffee, finishing it, before getting up. Ichika looked at him in confusion.

"It's about time I go. I have someone at home that probably misses me already. But this was really nice, thank you, Ichika."

She smiled understandingly and waved as he left.

(Y/N) walked home and did what Ichika told him to (think about it). Hm... I dunno if I've ever seen Ichika's shy side. It's quite different...

I can't say for sure whether or not I want to commit to this, but... I have a feeling that, if I do, it might somehow work out.

[ICHIKA ENDING]

- = + = -

hello Ichika fans. congrats on getting the confession. carefully consider it and think whether or not you would accept it.

keep an eye out for a future chapter like this one but in which you actually get the girl, not just the confession.

thanks for reading.

- Niko-kun