"Cause baby, you're a firework!" They both shouted into the street from the roof.

After the fireworks were finished, they fell asleep on the roof. They were both warm under the duvet and were safe.

Millie's house was roughly the same size as Cassie's except it had a gate surrounding the property that you needed a pass code for and it had 24hr security cameras.

Millie's parents came home at around two and checked on the girls before they went to bed themselves.

2022 was one hell of a year.

It was now January the 1st, the day that Cassie's family would be home.

Cassie and Millie were currently at Antonio's house for a bbq with the people from med, 51 and the unit.

"You two are not drinking." Said Hank as he took the cocktails from their hands.

"Oh c'mon." Said Millie.

"He's right. You two are still hungover." Said Kelly.

"Uh, no we are not."

"No? Do you want me to send everyone the videos of you dancing?" Asked Kelly as he raised his eyebrows.

"What? When did you take that?" Asked Millie.

"You wouldn't dare." Said Cassie.

"Where did you two spend new years eve?" Asked Gallo as the girls took a seat.

"On the roof of my house. My parents were out so it was just us. I have a balcony part outside my window."

"It's actually just the roof." Said Cassie.

"What did you do?" Asked Adam.

"Drank. Sung. Danced. Slept. Star gazed."

"Slept? When?" Asked Millie.

"Good point. We didn't sleep."

"No, I'm wrong. We did sleep but not until like one in the morning. It was a late one." Said Millie.

"I'm glad you had fun." Said Jay.

"What did you and Will do?" Asked Cassie.

"Watched our mom's favourite movie and drank beer."

"Nice." Said Cassie.

"Yeah. How about you, Kelly? What did you do?" Asked Will.

"Not much." He said and let out a smirk.

"TMI, Kelly. TMI." Said Cassie as her and Millie walked off to join the younger ones.

"So, Gallo. Any new year resolutions?"

"Yeah. I'm going to work out more. I want to stay in shape."

"You're already in great shape." Said Millie.

"Yeah but working out is also good after a long shift. What about you girls?"

"Do better in science." Said Millie.

"Be on time to school. Hopefully, I'll be living with Jay so it will be easier to be on time. And I need to stop arguing with teachers."

"You're not bad. It's just when they remind you that you are late."

"Yeah. That really annoys me. What about you Violet?"

"Go out more. I don't want to be rude or disrespectful but I need to start to slowly move on from Hawkins."

"It does take time, V." Said Ritter.

"I know. What about you, Ritter? What's yours?"

"I need to start dating again and I want to get a dog. After losing Tuesday, it made me realise that they are great companions. They're like a best friend."

"As long as I don't get replaced." Said Gallo.

"Don't worry, you won't."

"Don't replace me either." Said Violet.

"Guys, don't worry. You are fine."

"Hey, Antonio. Thanks for the invite buddy. How are you?" Said Brett as she walked in with Casey.

"There is some angry lady out there knocking on doors." Said Casey as he shut the gate behind him.

"Hey, Casey. Where are the boys?"

"With some of their friends for the day."

"We have a lot of catching up to do." Said Kelly as he went over to Casey and pulled him towards Jay and Kevin.

---------------------

A/N: I hope everyone had a good Christmas. 2022 has been a good year as well as bad but there have been some amazing times. Happy New Year everyone! 🥳