Chapter 1

It was a warm summer evening. Two friends got out of the car and headed to the cafe where they are meeting with their friends to hang out and eat. 

Thanks again for the ride man, When was the last time you came to this cafe?" said one. 

"Last week with my parents, it's pretty good here," said the other as they headed inside the cafe. 

They looked around for their friends in the cafe. "Alex, Jose over here" a person called out. They turned to look for the voice. "Oh hey, Aaron and Beth," said Jose. They sat down in the chairs across from them.  "Man, I can't believe it's already been a month since we graduated high school," said Alex. "Yeah, and college is just around the corner," said Beth. 

Aaron had no interest in going to college. He wanted to follow in his grandpa's footsteps of becoming a camp director. Beth has not decided on what she wants to major in but she has expressed interest in becoming a teacher. Jose was a soccer player in their high school's soccer team and plans to continue playing for his college's soccer team. There he wants to major in Kinesiology. Alex is a nature lover who wants to major in Zoology and study the local bird life. 

So, are you still going to community college, Beth? Alex asked. She nodded, "I want to explore what I want to do and I think community college is the best choice for me plus it's close by." 

"What is Zach majoring in? business right?" asked Jose. "Yeah I thought since he loved art so much he would major in it but I guess he's more interested in expanding his parent's business, good for him I guess," Alex said.

 Oh, speak of the devil, here comes Zach now." Aaron said as he pointed at a blond guy wearing a gray hoodie and sweats. "Dude thinks it's winter even though we are in the middle of summer." Jose teased. Zach let out a chuckle as he sat down at the table next to them. Alex went to go order for himself. 

"Hey everyone," he said as he sat down. "How's your cousin?" Beth asked. "She seems to be better but my uncle is still monitoring her," said Zach

A moment later, their last friend Jasmine came into the cafe. She was the star volleyball player at their high school but is now focused on becoming a doctor. 

 "Hey, guys." Everyone greeted her in response. Alex came back with his sandwich and soda. "What, I thought you were going to get me one too?" Jose said to Alex. "Get it yourself man," Alex said. 

Jose muttered and got up. "Do you want anything, Jasmine?" She looked at him and smiled "A chicken wrap with ranch, please." Zach looked at Jose who was already heading to the counter. "Uh, can you just get me a lemonade?" he yelled out to Jose. "Of course, he only asks his crush what she wants," Alex said to Zach snickering. 

Once Jose came back, the siblings were ready to explain what they wanted to ask their friends. "As some of you may know, my grandpa owned a camp not too far from here. It first opened in 1994 and was primarily used as a kid's camp but was also used as a site for parties, a birdwatching site, and other things. At first, he was reluctant to open it because of the murders that happened at a camp south of his but he opened it anyway and it was successful. Despite being a small camp, the kids loved it. Unfortunately, another series of murders happened a few years later in that same camp and grandpa decided to shut it down for a while. When the murders and the news surrounding them died down, he renovated the camp and planned to open it in 2003 but of course, another set of murders happened at the same camp as well as an explosion. So my grandpa gave up and just used the campsite as a summer getaway until he passed away last year. However, I plan to reopen the camp but I need help cleaning it up."

The friends just stared at him. "Um, you guys don't have to come and help clean up but you can spend some time there with us if you want," Beth added. "I'll go I got nothing else to do at home and I've never been camping before," said Zach. Aaron looked at his other friends. "Uh, I could probably go and help out for a few days," said Jose. "I guess it would be nice to spend a few days out in nature, sure I'll go," said Jasmine while glancing at Jose. All eyes turned to Alex. He looked around at his friend's faces. "Uh, I don't know what if the killer comes back?" asked Alex.